We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What they (Saudi Airlines) will do if flight is cancelled

Singapore, Singapore
13 posts
Save Topic
What they (Saudi Airlines) will do if flight is cancelled

Well, i am flying with Saudia on 23Nov and really concerned about the flight.. Noticed on Airport website last week and yesterday flight Out from Singapore was cancelled. I don't know the reason but what if they cancel my flight? what will they do?

Normal Airlines put you on other airlines as they recognize its their mistake. I read from many reviews that saudia won't do that, their staff simply won't listen to you or perhaps there won't be any person to handle your such requests! have anyone experienced cancellation of flights with saudia?

what are the rights we have if they cancel the flight? (in Singapore), they have 2 flights from singapore out per week, i heard also they put you in the next flight which is 3-4 days later, but that won't solve the purpose and no gurantee if their next flight is cancelled again?

Edited: 14 November 2013, 01:30
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,619 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What they (Saudi Airlines) will do if flight is cancelled

Hi,

The first place you should check is SVs Contract of Careiage, as this spells out exactly what they are required to do for you, under what conditions and with what limitation and/or exclusions...

Many, but not all, airlines will put you onto another carter -- but that's not a universal..

To begin with, the two carriers involved must have an agreement in place (or create a one-time ad-hoc agreement) so that they may accept each other's tickets ... Without this, one carrier can't and won't get paid if they accept that ticket from the other...

You may have additional rights... Those would be spelled out via whatever the Singaporean law says, applicable Saudi law, and if applicable, the law of the country or region you are flying to.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 14 November 2013, 02:42
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
96 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What they (Saudi Airlines) will do if flight is cancelled

Arer you transitting in Saudi? If so and your onward flight (from your first landing in Saudi to your desitination) is cancelled you will not be allowed to leave the airport in Saudi due to the visa requirements.

I like to have a back-up plan, for example, if the flight is cancelled or they offload me cos they are overbooked. In your case there are lots of alternatives, via Doha, Dubai or one of the other Gulf states. If the flight is cancelled there will be a lot of compeition for seats the next direct flight, ask the SV staff if they can put you on a flight that transits and I assume they won't mind because it is one less person who is fighting for the "obvious option" solution.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,336 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What they (Saudi Airlines) will do if flight is cancelled

Assuming your final destination is Riyadh or Jeddah, your best bet would be to research other options from SIN to either RUH or JED, and whether Saudia has an interline agreement with those airlines. PLUS if those options involve a one stop/layover and you are "visa constrained" (your nationality may require a visa to transit or have entry clearance if there's a misconnect) what you may have to do.

It looks like Singapore Airlines flies to both RUH and JED, so that would be the first line of inquiry as to whether there's an interline agreement in place. If not, then Saudia is part of the SkyTeam alliance, and by definition SkyTeam carriers all have interline agreements with each other.

If Saudi Arabia is not your final destination, but just a transit point, then chances are good that you'll be rerouted to your final destination on another airline within SkyTeam. But again, check clearance requirements for the transit countries.

http://www.skyteam.com/

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What they (Saudi Airlines) will do if flight is cancelled

The OP has posted previously about SV flights to Europe via RUH.

If your flight SIN-RUH is cancelled,you will need to see what the Saudi staff can offer you.If your onward flight from RUH is cancelled,then you will be stuck in the airport.In either case you will need to speak to the Saudi staff.Other than pointing out the terms of the COC,not much else can be offered here.It will depend on the circumstanses on the day.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,655 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What they (Saudi Airlines) will do if flight is cancelled

Saudia is SkyTeam and works with AF on several France - KSA flights. So if the first flight is cancelled, I would expect the OP to be in a position to ask to be moved to an AF flight. Btw, if this happens, the OP will be much better off!

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What they (Saudi Airlines) will do if flight is cancelled

Btw, if this happens, the OP will be much better off!

Something of an understatement.

Singapore, Singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What they (Saudi Airlines) will do if flight is cancelled

Thanks Guys.. My final destination is Paris, Lets see what happens on the dreadful day! will update here next week again

Singapore, Singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What they (Saudi Airlines) will do if flight is cancelled

An Update!

I Feel obliged to give a update since i started this thread! Will try to brief all the points below, but in case anyone wants any specific info... pls PM me.. :)

1st of all flight wasn't cancelled. From Check-in (In Singapore) to Onboard so far my 1st sector is very smooth. I would compare this with Qatar airways (Even Better legroom than Qatar, new planes) but just crew training and some stuff needs to be upgraded to really compare. But its pretty decent. They accommodated my special meal request (requested for a special diet, after that another meal).. not rude at all.. but not that polite either.. just normal expressions by crew! Decent IFE with reasonable selection of new movies..

Upon Reaching Riyadh the security check was smooth.. Terminal is normal (Not like Dubai airport ofcourse) with 3-4 coffee shops, donut shop, a small foodcourt and a duty free shop (No Alcohol available at DFS) but nice Dates are available here..

Here i am sitting in Riyadh waiting for my next flight to Paris (also by Saudi Airlines), Free Wifi Available here with decent speed which helped my 4hr layover to be comfortable. I Would say a layover of more than 4hrs would be difficult as nothing much to do here (didn't try the lounge though).. Airport is very Safe though.. I Read alot of reviews that single women can't travel etc, but i see no difficulty here, and there are plenty of them traveling alone! and Yes if your Transit is less than 18Hrs you dont need a Visa of Saudi Arabia!

I Shall update again once i reach in Paris about my 2nd flight from Riyadh to Paris!

Cheers People!

9. Re: What they (Saudi Airlines) will do if flight is cancelled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2014, 06:19