We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

Hi, we are going to Bangkok at the end of Jan 2014, I really do not know who to fly with... I would prefer something a little more superior than say.. china southern only because the planes look pretty old and not very well kept.

Happy to fly from any airport in the UK.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
502 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

Flown to Bangkok with Eva Air and Thai. Would recommend either of these airlines. Flew from Heathrow .

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,375 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

Are you planning to fly in business, premium economy or economy class? Some airlines may be uncommonly pleasant in economy while their business class product is not necessarily as good value as that of some competitor.

Do you care about the duration of the trip and the number of stopovers? Wishing for non-stop flights will limit your choices.

Do you wish to accrue frequent flier points/miles within some particular airline alliance?

Have you used www.skyscanner.net or www.kayak.com or matrix.itasoftware.com to see which flights are available only at prices that you would not be willing to pay despite any glowing recommendations that you may get? (Look only at prices directly from airlines - the ones from third-party brokers may not exist once you try to book.)

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,696 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

My personal choice for direct flights is TG (Thai) with two daily departures from LHR to its home airport BKK

http://www.thaiairways.com/index.html

For indirect flights I would go for Emirates (EK) who have the largest selection of departures from UK airports

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/index.aspx

Incidentally the strong recommendation from regular experienced posters here is to always book direct with the airline,not an on-line agent

SS

Edited: 16 November 2013, 14:06
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

My choices would be Thai and BA for direct flights and Emirates for a non direct flight but sometimes it's the price and schedule that dictates the best option.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,513 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

Direct: Thai and British

Stopover: Emirates, Qatar or Swiss

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

Direct: Why not Eva Air?

essex england
Level Contributor
258 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

If you don't want a direct flight then Oman Air are a very good choice. Better than Emirates by far and business class fares (and service) are very, very good. As a stopover Oman Air has some fantastic deals and Muscat is a great place to stay for a few days with great hotels.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

Thai has 2 daily non stops from London and Eva have a daily non stop from London,

If you are coming from other airports or connecting is ok then Etihad Oman Air Qatar Airways Emirates Turkish and lots of others

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,015 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

I think we should probably wait for a reply from the OP, before any more questions & suggestions :).

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,428 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to Bangkok from the UK, Which airline is best?

Asiana can't be beat - via Seoul ICN (best economy class)