We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas - what a disappointment

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas - what a disappointment

Route flown DXB to LHR on A380 –Economy Class

I picked up an inexpensive Emirates flight to Hong Kong and one of my options for one of the legs was to fly on a code share flight operated by Qantas. I have never flown on the A380, nor have I experienced Qantas before, I decided to take this option rather than sticking with Emirates for the whole return journey.

Sadly, I have to say that this was a mistake. Emirates is far better in just about every respect. The first problem was not of Qantas’s making insofar as we were delayed by over 2 hours in Dubai because of the late arrival of the flight from Sydney. Obviously, this is beyond the control of the airline.

Embarkation was pretty chaotic. There was no call for families with younger children to board first, resulting in kids blocking the gangways and frustrated parents attempting to get them into their seats before other travellers came on board.

Seats in economy are a little wider, but they also seem to be lower so I was constantly scraping my shines when trying to extend my legs under the seat in front. There really does not seem to be much room from the seated position to the back of the seat in front of you, especially if the person in front decides to recline their seat so waching a movie is not very comfortable..

The entertainment on offer is nowhere near that offered by Emirates and as for the food – the best way to describe it was inedible. For supper the offering was a chicken filled wrap and tea or coffee. I know that airline food in economy is hardly considered gourmet class, but this offering was disgusting. In comparison, the Emirates flight from HKG to DXB offered a fish dish on Thai noodles or a beef bourgignon together with dessert and cheese and a granary bread roll – a lot better than a floury disgusting wrap.

The other thing is the silverware (cutlery) provided. On Emirates you are given metal silverware, on Qantas it is just cheap plastic knives and forks. The cup provided by Emirates for your coffee is a proper, albeit, plastic cup with a handle, on Qantas it is a cheap disposable coffee cup like you get from Starbucks, Not a huge issue but it just seems to describe the whole Qantas experience i.e. CHEAP

The in flight entertainment on Qantas can best be described as very average. Emirates entertainment is way way superior.

Finally a word or two about the cabin crew. On Emirates the crew seem to want to help you, On the Qantas flight I have just taken, it seemed like an Imposition to ask for anything. The crew were all cocooned in the galley area and I wandered down to see if I could get a cup of coffee. The looks I got from one stewardess in particular seemed to scream ‘pain in the a**e’ at me. On Emirates the cabin crew are constantly up and down the aisles asking if you want water, there was not a single water run on this flight.

I am sorry to be so scathing about Qantas. I was looking forward to the experience of flying with them. Sad to say the expectation greatly exceeded the reality and Emirates will get my custom for all the legs on my next trip to the Far East or beyond

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,003 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas - what a disappointment

I also prefer Emirates over Qantas.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,994 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas - what a disappointment

Clear something up for me ... Qantas has more entertainment than Emirates and new releases, how is that not better? Qantas also has open snack bars where you just wander up and help yourself ... did you not know this? Yes, their seats are only 31inch pitch compared to Emirates so as a tall person that is an issue. My big question is why you need metal cutlery to eat a wrap?

Edited: 24 November 2013, 05:38
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,749 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas - what a disappointment

I don't see anywhere that the OP "needs" metal cutlery. In fact I see the opposite: >>Not a huge issue but it just seems to describe the whole Qantas experience<<

All this OP is is a comparison between personal experiences. That's it.

Edited: 24 November 2013, 05:58
Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas - what a disappointment

Was the wrap "disgusting" simply because you didn't like it, or was there something wrong with it? Reason I ask is because I don't think you can complain about the food just because you don't like it - if I was given the fish dish you got on Emirates I would say that was disgusting but that's because *I* don't like it, not because the airline gave poor quality food options.

I've flown 4 Qantas A380 flights in the last 3 years (once to London, once back from LA and another return to/from LA) and never felt anything like you've experienced. I've flown Emirates too. In my experience I would say the entertaiment on the Qantas A380 is far superior while things like economy comfort, service and meals are pretty much on par. Nothing overly amazing on either airline but nothing to complain about either. Although the self serve snack bar on Qantas gives them an edge there.

On all of my Qantas A380 flights I'm almost positive we were provided with metal cutlery and absolutely positive we were provided with cups with handles for tea and coffee. Not sure if this type of thing differs between routes or on the routes where they now codeshare with Emirates? I can't see why it would though?

Edited: 24 November 2013, 06:10
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas - what a disappointment

I'm not any sort of apologist for QF and prefer not to use them, however, the indelible wrap could have just as easily been served on an EK flight. Catering is not done by the airlines but comes from the departure airport. In this case Dubai. All you are saying is that the food coming out of the sub contractors kitchens in hong kong is better than that out of Dubai. No surprise really. Certainly the airlines have some say in what is served but I don't think you are comparing apples with apples.

The attitude of QF FAs is legendary but I thought it had improved over the past few years. Apparently not!

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qantas - what a disappointment

I am ready to be hailed down in a blaze of bullets for this comment....but

I truly beleive the reason why Qantas, BA and most American Airlines fail in the 'service' department is due to our western industrial relations system. Gone are the days when a person can be held accountable for a poor attitude or demeanour. The right to discipline/fire an employee for these 'very hard to prove' reasons are slim at best.

However, our Asian and middle Eastern counterparts have no such issues as their systems are performance based and in most cases they truly want to assist (and if they are faking it, they are good actors).

Yes, i know there are always exceptions to every rule, but in general I truly believe this

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qantas - what a disappointment

I think it all comes down to the sector you are flying also....my EK flights

Mel-Dbx, there was no extra drink run in the middle of the night. I was lucky I held onto the water from dinner. The crew didn't close the curtains so we had light in the cabin the entire 14 hours...so no sleep.

DBX to FCO just before they were preparing to land the steward came out with a tray of leftover drinks for us to take rather than flush them down the toilet, not once did I see that tray come through the cabin earlier.

CDG-DBX no extra soft drink/water run

DBX-MEL we did get an extra soft drink/water run.

So I think it is all down to the particular crew on the flight.

The best meals were ex MEL and CDG the fish ex MEL was so good I was amazed at the quality. The meals ex DUB were nice as well.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,619 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qantas - what a disappointment

Hi,

I'll agree - to a degree - with #4 ...

Rightly or wrongly, CBAs to make it such that it IS hard to enforce discipline -- not IMpossible, but harder.. However, to be fair, it also insures that when it IS levied, the process followed and the ensuing penalties (if any) are done in a consistent manner across the entire labor group.

So.. I can't say that they are wholly bad ... not wholly good... It is kind of a mixed bag..

I have a few people on my team who - IMHO - don't and (worse yet) aren't making what I deem to be "the effort" to get the ion done.. I also have others who not only do, but largely go above the call or what's expected.

Yes.. It's fair to say that a "good" employee would do their best .. But the reality -- and it's just that, a reality scenario - is such that CBAs largely don't talk about "best" -- they talk about worst, bad or other negatives..

So those who do a good job or better largely see no additional benefits (excluding those that are wholly self-induced) to go above the minimums set by CBA.

Again, I do think that CBAs are beneficial in terms of better insuring transparency, uniformity and other similar issues -- but I also cede that it also allows the issue of "minimum performance" to fester -- which IMHO - is a motivation killer.

Travel Safe,

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qantas - what a disappointment

#2 the entertainment offered on Emirates exceeds that offered by Qantas by a country mile

For instance, there were just 3 foreign language films on offer on my flight. On the Emirates flight there were over 100 in various languages, together with a choice of language sub titles for the English language ones. The TV offerings were also far more extensive on Emirates. With regard to plastic cutlery you may think it is OK but I think it is just cheap, regardless of what food was on offer.

With regard to open bars, well I was not aware of it and nothing was ever mentioned. I would have maybe asked one of the cabin crew had I been able to find one, but as I said earlier, they were all shut away quite happily in the galley with the curtains firmly closed.

#4 Sorry but I think you have every right to complain if the food provided on the flight is inedible, especially as there was no alternative option on the menu

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,994 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qantas - what a disappointment

Over 100 languages ... that's nice. New releases?