We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetairways a disaster!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jetairways a disaster!!!

How do you ensure action is taken?

I travelled from London to Mumbai on 9w117 on 21st Nov reached 22nd Nov. I am a JP member 300005812 , and Jetairways can check the frequency of my travel on this sector- I am a frequent flier.

This trip has been the most disgusting trip.

1: After a long day of work when you get onboard and have a business class ticket – one expects rest and service. Unfortunately the seat was jammed and would not function – either I had to sit with feet hanging or lie flat – this too the cabin crew needed to adjust manually. I reconciled to this as it was a tech fault

2: But to top it when the dinner was served – I got served Salad the first course and that came with a foreign object – Due to the dim lighting I did not see and it went in my mouth scalding my upper jaw.

I have the dish as evidence for complaint. Unfortunately the behavior displayed by Kainaz the inflight crew was disgusting on reclaiming the sample and was harassed that I should give the sample to then as they were trying to help me. I don't see how? My journey was a total disaster and feel cheated after regularly traveling with JET.

Hoping this forum can advice on how to take action? I have the dish as evidence.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetairways a disaster!!!

Ok, hardly a disaster. I suggest losing the hyperbole.

Your seat was broken and there was a foreign object in your salad that burnt your mouth, what was this please, what was the foreign object, that was scalding hot in a salad?

Why would you not show the crew what it was? Why are you not explaining it here?

I suggest writing a very polite email, without the silly " disaster, disgusting, harassment" terms, to them explaining that the seat was broken and then explaining what the foreign object was and what you think is reasonable recompense,,,what exactly do you think is reasonable recompense?

London, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetairways a disaster!!!

Having just booked my mother onto Jet i saw this title and thought 'Oh my God' !! Then I read the contents and saw it was just ridiculous over reaction and hyperbole.

Surely you just write to them calmly and without hysteria, state your dissatisfaction, see how they respond, and then if you're not happy ask for advice on what to do next.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetairways a disaster!!!

Saw the headline and thought there'd been a crash!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetairways a disaster!!!

Firstly - not a very good idea to publish your frequent flyer number and full name (in your handle), as someone could hack your account and steal your miles.

Secondly, hardly a disaster, as you've survived without injury one presumes. Most people on LHR-BOM would dream of lying flat, so that's a disaster? Not perfect and an inconvenience I'm sure. I had a sort of similar seat failure last time I was in Business (not on Jet) and though it was slightly inconvenient I regarded as a first world problem.

And, seeing as you've disclosed your personal information, if it was such a disaster why not disclose the foreign object?

Advice? Do what Froggy suggests. Write a letter, make it >>factual and unemotional<<, and outline what you reasonably think is suitable recompense. And, warning, if you write that letter in the style you posted on here, Jet will regard you as a lost cause and do nothing.

For the record. I fly Jet (9W) domestically within India several times a year and have taken regional international flights too. I regard them as a good airline, with generally very good to excellent flight attendant service.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,407 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetairways a disaster!!!

Agree. Firstly, calm down.

The seat was not working well. However the lay flat function was still there, which in an overnight flight is important. This is not good, should not happen but occasionally will happen. Once it is detected, it will get reported and fixed (normally).

The salad is not made by Jetairways but a catering company from which Jetairways buys the food. So the FA just tried to calm you down and understand the situation. I do not understand how an object in a cold salad can scald/burn you either. And of course he wanted the foreign object to be able to make a detailed, fact based reporting and add evidence. Maybe you see now, why he wanted the object. All he could report now was: "There was something in the salad". Does not help. Did the object come from the caterer or from the galley? Or was it a piece of aluminium from a food tray cover? Nobody knows without being able to see the object. What would you have done in such a situation if you were to be a FA?

Also, if you do not trust people, why did you not make a picture and then hand it over? And, if you do not trust people, do you expect people to trust you? How can you prove now, that this object has really been in your salad in that flight?

Still do not think that above qualifies to call the journey a total disaster. You were unlucky to have two issue during the same flight. It is called coincidence.

Next steps:

Write politely and fact based to the airline. May attach the sample in a small plastic pouch or add a picture, explain what you expect from the company. Just venting anger or sending them a rant will not help.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetairways a disaster!!!

I'm curious about this foreign object that burned your mouth, do you mean chilli like burning? coz can't imagine something burning hot in a salad.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetairways a disaster!!!

To be completely honest, I don't know why you removed it from the plane. How can you possibly prove you did not tamper with it after you left with it, I would have given it to the cabin crew and so they could have filed a report. It's the caterers not the airline. So they would want to know and the caterers would be liable to the airline for any comp they had to pay.

However as said before, I fail to understand how something could burn your mouth in an unheated dish, and why you chose to describe it as a foreign object and not just say what it is. Hopefully you will tell us.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetairways a disaster!!!

"I am a frequent flier"

I seriously doubt this. If you were, then you would not have described your experience as a "disaster", which is something much more serious than a faulty recliner or a problem with the food service. Based on how you have related it, this incident appears to be nothing more than a minor inconvenience. If you want to be taken seriously (both here and in your dealings with the airline), then you need to cut the sensationalistic language and stick to the facts.

What specifically is your grievance? Were you physically injured in some way? Did the incident cost you time and/or money? What do you want the airline to do about it? Bear in mind that you were transported safely and on time to your destination, which is really all you paid the airline to do.

Leave your emotions out of it and you will have much better success getting the airline to help you. I would not expect much however - on the spectrum of "stuff that can go wrong with a flight" this is pretty close to the "nothing" end.

-JImG

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetairways a disaster!!!

Looking at the two reviews the op has posted, she does not seem to fare well on her travels, or has unrealistic expectations,,,or maybe fails to praise when it's due ie write anything positive, to balance it.

I guess for some people the glass is always going to be half empty.

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetairways a disaster!!!

I don't think what happened to you could in any way be classed as a disaster. Annoying yes, but not a real problem. Why mention this 'foreign body' if you're not going to tell anyone what it was. By removing it off the plane how can you blame the airline, or indeed anyone for that matter when no one knows what it was, let alone see it.