We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monarch airlines

London, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
monarch airlines

how do i share my awful customer experience with your followers please ?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monarch airlines

You can write it here. Be warned though that people generally have little patience for hyperbole so better to keep it short, factual, and to the point.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: monarch airlines

Had 12 + hour delay with Monarch Airlines on flight from Faro to Gatwick

Monarch have refused compensation , colleagues on same flight took legal action and have been compensated. Monarch now claim that was an ' administrative error ' and should not have been paid.

Still refusing my compensation

So much for the Customer Service verbage on their web site and in their Report and Accounts

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monarch airlines

Take them to small claims court.

London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: monarch airlines

I have been told today that they have settled and to expect payment in 42 days, this was through Bott & Co solicitors for flight ZB215 08/06/2013. The delay was 14hrs and the lack of information

of what was happening during the day was a disgrace. They still havent offered any compensation for having to get a taxi from gatwick at 2 in the morning.

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: monarch airlines

Monarch have told me they are not settling and that the previous settlement through Bott was an ' administrative error' - whatever that means!!!

have also contacted Monarch's Press Office but they have not bothered to reply yet

Take a look at the Corporate Governance , Social Responsibility and Customer Service verbage on their web site and in their Report and Accounts - and see if this relates in any way to your experience

London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: monarch airlines

From their website

"Monarch is committed to providing a quality service, with experienced, professional staff."

There was no Monarch rep at Faro and they drip-fed information every 2 hours through a local service company, if the 14hr delay was said upfront then we could have at least made arrangements for the day

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: monarch airlines

have now sent the Monarch Press Office 3 e mails without reply....I'm sure if I was a BBC Producer looking to film them for a travel programme I would have had a quick response!!!

Avaiation guru and Knight of the Realm, Sir Roy McNulty is a Non Exec Director at Monarch - I wonder if he is truly aware of their Compensation Claims Strategy ....have written to him so will be interesting to see how he replies....I will keep you posted

West Sussex
Level Contributor
16 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: monarch airlines

Richard

Not fair really but....

EU261 is destroying the airlines.

Compensation way in excess of flight ticket prices is typical EU stupidity. You, the customer, will end up paying through much higher prices before very long.

Airlines don't delay by choice! Flight safety is paramount and I know I'd rather wait than take any increased risk.

It would probably have paid any airline to just cancel & refund. That's what Easyjet, Ryanair & BA do. But poor old trusty, small, customer focussed types such as Monarch, Thomas Cook & Thomson try their damnedest to get you there, however late. Then Brussels shafts them. This is the law of unintended consequences.

Hi Carson_Family

When a machine breaks it sometimes isn't as simple as saying the 3rd bolt on the 5th engine needs replacing. Something doesn't work but they need to find out why before they can even begin to fix it. Aeroplanes are, by necessity, £50+ million of complicated machinery. If they had known the fault would take 12 hours to fix it would be in their interests to tell you. As with cars at the menders, life sometimes isn't that straightforward.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: monarch airlines

What was the cause of the delay please?

Always looking,,,what for goodness sake are you talking about, it's not ruining the airlines, in fact it's something like a pound extra per ticket.

On top of this,,,did you really write,,,>> But poor old trusty, small, customer focussed types such as Monarch, Thomas Cook & Thomson,,,,<< with a straight face? That's one of the most bizare statements I ve seen on here, and that's saying something. These airlines have been all over the press because of their lack of customer service, their lack of willingness to pay up and their absolute drive to give customers the run around in an attempt not to pay what they are due.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: monarch airlines

Hi

Ditto Froggy. Twice.

This has to be a joke, Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson giving good customer service. I honestly don't know where to start. I have been rendered speechless.

Jackie