We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

I booked two flights via Hoodaki, to Bangkok with Air India. Flying 28th December till 7th January

I paid an initial deposit of 600gbp and then a further 200gbp in June. I then rang 2nd August and paid the final balance of 479gbp. I received an email confirmation of final payment and then an email a few hours later with my eticket. I have been onto the Air India site and booked my seats, on both legs of journey on both planes, ive added my frequent flyer, and ive confirmed my booking, and also chosen my meal. On Sunday night at 8.30 I was called out of the blue to say tthat they had not taken my balance payment, out of my bank. This is some 4 months after the said phone call. It ive asked my bank to double check but ive of course not realised even if this is true and the money has now gone. I have spoken to Air India and they confirm my ticket is fully paid, and that I can travel no issue. What do any of you suggest, this ticket is supposed to be a non refundable non change ticket, so if its paid to air india its paid simple as that, What should I do. To come some 4 months later asking for the funds again seems mighty strange don't you agree

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,432 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

Don't understand the question. Do you owe them the money or not?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

It ive asked my bank to double check but ive of course not realised even if this is true and the money has now gone.

----------

Two points.

1. Can't you look yourself at statements to see if it left your account ? If you have so little money this is an issue I'm surprised you are taking such a casual attitude to your finances not knowing what's going out.

2. If you mean. "The money's gone and I can't pay even though they didn't take some (or all.) of it out of my bank" then I guess you are in a grey area. As they paid for the ticket I suppose they can always cancel it and get a refund on the taxes if they want to. Whether they will do this or not its hard to know its not clear from what you posted if its one of the payments that didn't go through or all of them ,that would no doubt colour their attitude.

Personally if you haven't paid I'd say they are in their rights to cancel but IANAL.

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
587 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

I'm not sure that I completely understand the problem either. I assume that the agent is saying they didn't take the money from your account, but Air India seems completely satisfied. As Air India is who you're flying, I personally would let sleeping dogs lie. I certainly wouldn't send more money to the agent, considering the difficulty in getting refunds from 3d parties that is a common complaint on this forum. After all, if they can't keep track of their money, I wouldn't trust them to keep track of mine. If, when its all sorted out, it seems that they didn't get their full payment, that's when I'd send it.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

Hiya. They say that the only payment they cant find is the final 515, however my final payment was 479.00.

So the ticket is as they say part paid. Ive checked back I think that they are actually right, im devastated. Here I am all hotels, taxis, paid for. Its Christmas, and ive spent the dam money without realising. It was a stretch anyway, to go on this trip, and now its all messed up. If I pay them now then ive no pennies to go with. I don't have credit cards due to credit rating, I have to save, I thougt in October there was a bit more in my account than I knew, just didn't think about it being the dam flight money. They sent me a receipt and my eticket, I suppose im screwed now no Thailand trip,

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,432 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

A bit more? It was £479 more if I understand the story correctly.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

"They say that the only payment they cant find is the final 515, however my final payment was 479.00"

Does this mean you still owe them 36 GBP? I don't follow where the 515 GBP comes from.

Do you know how much the flights were when you booked them? By my sums you have paid 1279 GBP (600+200+479).

If you have been issued a ticket by Air India and they have confirmed it's fully paid, could this be a scam? I'm quite confused.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
51,004 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

I am still confused. How much did you agree to pay the agent, and how much have you actually paid?

Edited: 27 November 2013, 20:21
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

Sorry you all miss understand me, they agree they have received my 600gbp and also the further 200 paid june, which left a balance of 479 due 19th October. I saved the money, and paid it early on 2nd August. So total should have been 1279.. I rang the payment through to there agent Vikas, and then he sent me an email thanking me for the payment and saying I was fully paid up. He sent a futher email later that day saying here is your eticket, and you can now contact air india to book seat, etc. Since then ive done so, ive picked my seats, added a frequent flyer number, and picked my meal. Ive had an email confirmation from Air India. Out of the blue on Sunday evening Vikas rang me at 20,30 hours on a sunday night asking me to pay 515gbp. He said he had been away from work, and that he had just returned and they had told him they forgot to debit my final payment, back in August, and had waited till he returned he said from Australia. yeh right to contact me and re take the payment.. I was very suspicious of this call,

I rang Air India on Monday morning and they tell me that my ticket is fully paid up, and they don't know why the agent is saying this.

I have checked through my statements and if im honest, I cant see where they took any other payments than the two they say, so I agree I do owe them 479.00, but to come some 17 weeks after the payment should have been taken, is weird to say the least. Trouble is now its gunna leave me mighty short as ive technically spent the money on other things. I just wondered what and if there is anything I can do.

To say this company are terrible at administration is an understatement, and im loathed to borrow the money and pay them for them to try this again. I didn't stop any payments, they thought they had taken it but now think they haven't.. They also seem to have a totally different balance figure, every time I contact them the amount changes.

Wont Air India just honour the eticket as they have been paid. I was told this was a non cancel, no refundable ticket.

Edited: 27 November 2013, 20:58
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

Perhaps you need to speak to Air India and check with someone that your ticket is valid. Get them to double check, not just look at a computer screen. Then ask them to email you that your ticket is valid. That way you just might get to fly.

Morally you still owe this money as you admit it has not been paid. As money seems to be so tight for you, I am surprised you didn't notice till now that it had not been paid. Don't you check your bank statements?

Nobody here can tell you what Air India will do, as none of us work for them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hoodaki, state 30 days before flying flight are not paid???

It's irrelevant if air India has been paid in full by hoodaki or not. The base fact is you owe hoodaki the money still outstanding,

They will either do one of two things, they will either cancel the flight, or if they cannot do this, they will come after you for the money.

You owe them the money and you need to pay it. If you think they will just let it go, you are sadly mistaken. I am also unsure how you can criticise their admin when you yourself did not know you had not paid it,,,or did you know?

Speak to the agency and ask what they will do if you do not pay the balance and how long you have to pay it before they act.

Ps there is no such thing as a no cancel ticket. All tickets can be cancelled, it's simply whether a refund is given or not.