We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TSA Pre-check

Naples, FL
Level Contributor
26 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
TSA Pre-check

We have used Global Entry a few times on international flights into Miami but just returned today from a domestic trip using TSA Pre-check for the first time and it is definitely worth doing.

We flew RT from Ft. Myers to Westchester County in NY and both have recently implemented the pre-check lanes which are clearly marked and very, very easy to use. On this holiday weekend we breezed through in both places.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,118 posts
1,287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TSA Pre-check

I agree about PreCheck. We had both used it at SFO, LAX, IAD, HNL, ORD and JFK, and loved it. We just got PreCheck at PHX in Terminal 2 (United), and things are great.

Now, recently DID run afoul of TSA and PreCheck at HNL, heading back to the Mainland. For some reason, the agent insisted that I take off most clothing, shoes, hat - really just like the regular TSA checkpoints. There were also no bins in the PreCheck line. Her contention was that no one should fly out of HNL in a blazer, so I must be a "person of interest... " I was wearing nothing, any different from about 67 other flights this year, and all with PreCheck. Guess that she just thought that I needed to have a "bad day?"

If United did not give it to us, I would pay big $'s, as it will *usually* make life so much easier.

Only caveat is, when one gets used to it, and fly out of an airport, or terminal, with NO PreCheck, one can forget the old "drill."

2. Re: TSA Pre-check

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 06:18