We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
439 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage

We are flying BA to NYC in February, I have a holdall which I want to take as hand luggage it's the Tripp Superlite III, it's measurements are Height 27cm, width 44cm, depth 24cm, now I've looked at BA's allowance and they allow the following 1 piece of hand baggage (56cm x 45cm x 25cm).

Now I'm not planning to fill this bag however with the dimensions being so tight do you think I will be ok?

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
439 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Luggage

BA Hand Luggage Allowance: Height 27cm, width 45cm, depth 25cm

My holdall: Height 27cm, width 44cm, depth 24cm

Width & depth is just 1cm difference which is why I think it was tight, obviously from the replies I don't need to worry.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Luggage

Width & depth is just 1cm difference which is why I think it was tight, obviously from the replies I don't need to worry.

-------

You missed the point that it doesnt matter what you count as "height" or "width". It's got to fit in a sizer, you can rotate it around, so match up the dimensions

56 45 25 (BA)

44 27 24 (yours)

You are under all the dimensions.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
439 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Luggage

Fair enough, as I said earlier I am new to all this so would rather make sure than have to check the bag and pay extra.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Luggage

Oh I missed it also and always worth checking have a great trip :-)

15. Re: Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:18