We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways or Virgin Atlantic?

Boston...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
British Airways or Virgin Atlantic?

Hello all,

May be going to London later in the year. Where I live in the US, I have access to both frequent British Airways and Virgin Atlantic service, and would like to hear your take on both airlines.

I know both are great airlines, but having that information could help my decision-making easier.

Any and all advice is appreciated

Happy Traveling,

FlyingIsCool22

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,404 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British Airways or Virgin Atlantic?

Both are good airlines with good products. Luggage allowance to my best knowledge in economy are for both 2 bags from the US to Europe.

I would really compare prices and schedule first, if then still equal I would give British a slight advantage.

If you fly business, it depends a bit on your preference in terms of seat arrangements. I like the British product very much and perceive to have more privacy than in the Virgin Upper Class. But that is a personal choice.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British Airways or Virgin Atlantic?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k702…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British Airways or Virgin Atlantic?

Which class of travel?

York, England
Level Contributor
383 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: British Airways or Virgin Atlantic?

If you are travelling in economy then I wold by pick by price or schedule. If travelling in premium economy I would go with Virgin as I think their PE product is superior and If travelling Buisiness/Upper class I would revert to price or schedule unless a lounge prior to your flights is important. All the above is assuming they are similar in price for each class, I wouldn't pay way more for one over the over.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: British Airways or Virgin Atlantic?

If you're travelling economy, I don't think there's much difference and would choose whichever offers the best schedule/price combo. I won't fly Virgin premium economy as the seats recline too far and unless I get the front row, I find my legroom uncomfortably cramped when the passenger in front reclines. I'd rather stay in Virgin economy but book an extra legroom seat. BA PE I find OK - a good compromise if I can't justify business but want a bit more legroom and peace & quiet than you get in economy. If business class, then definitely BA because I like the rear facing window seats which offer an extra degree of privacy. There's also the chance of an upgrade to first (admittedly a very remote chance unless you have good FF status), which Virgin doesn't have. This is a generalisation, and crews vary hugely, but I tend to find the Virgin service very open and casual, more family/tourist friendly perhaps, and BA's a bit more professional and geared to the business traveller.

6. Re: British Airways or Virgin Atlantic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 05:19