We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penalties incurred in changing BA Reward Flight times?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
146 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Penalties incurred in changing BA Reward Flight times?

I searched and couldn't find an answer to my question, so apologies if it's been asked before.

It's a hypothetical question for now. If I book BA Reward Flights now, using the maximum number of Avois, to ensure I get flights on the dates I need, would it be possible to change the flight times in a couple of month's time? Would I loose the Avios if I ended up having to pay with cash because there were no Reward Flights left? Can I transfer the Avios to another booking on a Reward Flight etc etc? I know it sounds a crazy question but there's a good reason.

Thank you.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,166 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Penalties incurred in changing BA Reward Flight times?

You can change reward bookings (for a minor fee unless you have Gold status) but only if there's reward availability on your new flight. If there isn't you can always cancel (again for a minor fee) and get all points back.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
146 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Penalties incurred in changing BA Reward Flight times?

Lexexpress, thank you very much.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Penalties incurred in changing BA Reward Flight times?

This information is on BA's webpage:

britishairways.com/en-us/executive-club/spen…

4. Re: Penalties incurred in changing BA Reward Flight times?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:17