We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare dot com... THE WORST!

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Topic
Airfare dot com... THE WORST!

I've been booking my travel through KAYAK.COM for years with great success... Until now. I just attempted to book travel out of the U.S. and "seemed" to be successful. I found that KAYAK pushed my booking off onto AIRFARE.COM. I received my confirmation email and thought everything was good to go. When I tried to select my seat on the U.S. leg there was no record of my reservation or any sign of me being on the manifest in any way. I called AIRFARE.COM only to find complete and total incompetence with their telephone agents, and rudeness from the supervisor. The supervisor, WILLIAM, spoke to me like I was a total idiot. When I mentioned the poor demeanor of his staff that I already spoke to and his attitude towards me, I WAS YELLED AT BY WILLIAM, PUT ON HOLD, AND DISCONNECTED. Does this sound like customer service? I DON'T THINK SO. If I can expect KAYAK to push my reservation requests off to AIRFARE.COM, I will have to look elsewhere for service, even if I have to pay extra.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,535 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare dot com... THE WORST!

Kayak are only a price comparison site so didn't push your booking off. Which company did you select to book through.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,550 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare dot com... THE WORST!

Kayak is a search engine. You've never actually booked with them, they always send you to another site for booking. Find the flights on Kayak and then go to the airline website and book with them directly next time.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare dot com... THE WORST!

Maybe you should also complain to whoever sold you your keyboard.

Your caps lock button appears to have become stuck down

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,780 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare dot com... THE WORST!

Ho..hum...yawn:

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare dot com... THE WORST!

Kayak is simply a search tool like google for travel. Does that make sense?

You really need to spend some time looking at the sites you are then visiting, j reading and understanding them, researching the companies sites you end up on, before entering your card details and making purchasing decisions.

If you struggle, get a friend to help you in future.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare dot com... THE WORST!

The supervisor WILLIAM spoke to me like I was a total idiot.

--------------------------

William was wrong to do that. There was no way he could be sure of totality.

Edited: 09 December 2013, 22:59
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfare dot com... THE WORST!

So - you think kayak is a booking engine, but it's not.

You also think you have used it previously to book flights, which is impossible.

This means you do not know who you booked your previous flights with.

Should you - really - be booking flights unsupervised?

8. Re: Airfare dot com... THE WORST!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 05:18