We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Sydney Australia

Hi everyone. My partner and I are wanting to travel to Sydney in October 2014 with British Airways (ba15) going out and (ba16) coming back. Could anyone tell me when the best time to book is and what sort of price should I be looking at paying? Thank you in advance.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow to Sydney Australia

You seem to have very specific flights that you are looking at booking!

No one really knows the answer to this, but I would suggest that now is a little too early to book now. There may be a sale after Christmas, but it may not cover the route you want on the date you want.

Are you looking to book with BA to accumulate miles/TPs?

You can also do this route with Qantas, Malaysian, Cathay or Qatar and still earn them.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,214 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow to Sydney Australia

I am doing the route in May, and bought my ticket in the last BA sale which was in October, but hopefully if you are going economy, there usually is a sale after Christmas, so look out for it.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,896 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow to Sydney Australia

I've flown BA15/16 a couple of times, but in PE.

Whilst the fares in both directions don't always correspond, the cheapest I've seen return in economy on sale, was at AUD$1599 (approx £875). The cheapest I've paid for PE was AUD$2899 (approx £1780), also on sale but via HKG.

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow to Sydney Australia

Thank you to everyone who has posted a reply. We fancy ba 15/16 as it seems a lot less hassle, i.e not having to change planes. It will be the wifes first long haul flight so the less hassle the better.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow to Sydney Australia

Look at Emirates from Newcastle or Birmingham

with a stop in Dubai

6. Re: Heathrow to Sydney Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:20