We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New KLM luggage policy

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
New KLM luggage policy

My apologies if this has been asked before, but I can't see anything in the search box. I'm travelling to Prague with KLM, the flight was booked by my company. I've been told that KLM no longer include hold luggage in the ticket price for flights within Europe, but if you join the "Flying blue" club you get free hold luggage. I've joined the club online as an "Ivory" member which is the base level but not sure what the allowance is. The link on the ivory member web page about luggage doesn't work.

Just wondered if any "Ivory member" might know the actual weight allowed?

Many thanks

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,763 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New KLM luggage policy

Link works for me.

klm.com/travel/…index.htm

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,932 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New KLM luggage policy

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New KLM luggage policy

Thank you for trying to help, yes I can get that page, but the baggage allowance excludes European travel. It is this page where I have the problem

Where it says "Read more about the changed baggage rules"

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,763 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New KLM luggage policy

Check the link I and LeylandSunAddict added; in the second frame where it reads the following - "Flying Blue Ivory members in Economy Class on all KLM flights,"

Edited: 19 December 2013, 15:09
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,651 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New KLM luggage policy

klm.com/travel/…2

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New KLM luggage policy

Duh! Sorry, my scrolling finger must have been affected by too many sprouts and mince pies! Thank you!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,436 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New KLM luggage policy

Just make sure that you link the booking to you FB account and that it shows your luggage allowance on your booking.

My parents came over in September and although I made an account for both of them only my mother's booking had a checked bag on it. I called customer services who said it would be fine as long as they had a FB number but they still had a problem at GLA. There's no KLM staff there and check in is operated by a ground agent who point blank refused to allow my dad a checked bag. Luckily the one they had could be taken into the cabin otherwise they were going to be forced to pay.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New KLM luggage policy

Thanks very much, for that heads up. I'm flying from Leeds and don't know if they have KLM ground staff as it's quite small. I've emailed Flying Blue for clarification. My other concern is that as the booking says no baggage, if it gets on the plane in Leeds, it might not make the connection from Schiphol!

9. Re: New KLM luggage policy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 05:19