We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK Terminal 4

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
JFK Terminal 4

I will be arriving in JFK Terminal 4 and have 2hours 40 minutes gap between Landing and Boarding the other flight to Buffalo. In this time span i have to do immigration and collect my luggage and board.

Any tips so I can achieve this feat!!!!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,850 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: JFK Terminal 4

Riff--Emirates comes in, as noted in Terminal 4. Jet Blue has its' own building --Terminal 5.

Sutter--What you suggest works in a fantasy world. However, we live and the OP is traveling in the real world.

a. I indicated Jet Blue "May" allow him to change his ticket at no fee. However, if a later available ticket cost more--then he would have to pay the difference.

b. There is NO way the bags can be checked through. EVEN bags that ARE checked through are reclaimed and hand carried through customs at your first American Port of Entry.When you are interlining bags, they are rechecked in the arrivals hall, HOWEVER, a method of getting them to your second airline has to be in place. If Jet Blue is not partnered with any arriving flights--there will be no way to get them from Terminal 4 to Terminal 5. AND no one is going to be assigned to give them special treatment.

c. The process for shorter immigration lines is using Quick Connect--if it is offered.When offered, they stand as you depart your arriving flight and ask. I am not sure if it is for connections under two hours or under one hour. --speaking to an immigration person isn't going to let you cut the line. Personally, I would NOT let someone cut me. Most people travel leaving sufficient time when the line moves forward. if people who travel on short times feel that they can cut--that makes the line move backwards --or not move and in essence it penalizes others. THat is NOT Fair or right.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,805 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: JFK Terminal 4

The express/quick connect that was offered when I traveled to Terminal 4 with Delta was under 2 hrs.. I still don't think this connection is at all possible given the totally separate nature of the two airlines concerned!

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: JFK Terminal 4

rdglady, no need to be condescending, using terms like "fantasy.". I just suggested things to try-- which is exactly what you did, too. I have traveled internationally quite a bit, as I imagine you have.

OP: assuming Jet Blue won't change your flight for free (which is highly likely, though no harm in asking), then your best option is to pay the fee to change that flight. The other suggestions are things that MIGHT work, but they might not. By the time you arrive, the next flight(s) to BUF may be filled, so if you miss the connection, paying a fee to make a last-minute change might be the least of your worries.

Edited: 24 December 2013, 13:17
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,850 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: JFK Terminal 4

Sutter, my tone was in response to your post commenting on what i had said. I write nicely, but I DO reflect attitude when it is directed at me. I suggest you reread your post. If you didn't intend the attitude then you have to be more careful.

15. Re: JFK Terminal 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2014, 05:18