We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended stopover time at Frankfurt

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Recommended stopover time at Frankfurt

Hi,

We're hoping to go back to Orlando in August as we loved it this year and want to do stuff we never got to do last time as theres just so much even for 2 weeks. Anyways, we're thinking about flying with Lufthansa which has a stopover in Frankfurt of 2 hours 5 minutes. I'm just wondering if that would be enough time?

According to Lufthansa's website it's in the same terminal but as I don't know how big the airport is (or the terminals) and we have problems with walking if we rush. 2 hours might be more than enough but i've read a few posts that Frankfurt can have some big immigration delays at times? Plus I would like to factor in some time incase the flight we arrive on is delayed.

Just want to know what peoples experience is at Frankfurt. Any help would be appreciated.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,703 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended stopover time at Frankfurt

I think 2 hours should be ok. Here are a couple posts, with some additional links.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6702001…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5170863…

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended stopover time at Frankfurt

2 hours should be fine. You will not pass immigration at FRA.

3. Re: Recommended stopover time at Frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 06:17