We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to New Zealand

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to New Zealand

Is it possible to fly to New Zealand without stop overs in the following countries which are excluded from my travel insurance....Canada, USA, Singapore, Caribean, Mexico, China or Hong Kong?

1. Re: Flights to New Zealand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 December 2013, 01:35
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,851 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to New Zealand

Thai via Bangkok

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to New Zealand

LAN Chile via Santiago, Malaysian via KL, Korean via Seoul and Emirates via Dubai all fly to Auckland in addition to Thai already mentioned.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to New Zealand

You can probably also go via Japan with JAL and Air NZ....

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to New Zealand

Thank you!

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to New Zealand

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately due to a range of health issues this is the only policy I could get and it was a huge relief to get it having spent hours on the phone going through many screening questions only to be refused....most companies will not even offer me travel insurance. If it was possible to do a simple 'upgrade' then that would have been done!

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to New Zealand

Thank you....I'll make some enquiries.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to New Zealand

Eric, surely if you are just transiting Singapore as an example, does this nullify your insurance?

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights to New Zealand

I've flown via Japan with JAL and Air NZ. Air NZ are consistently excellent.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights to New Zealand

It would mean that I'd be there without insurance and would not be covered should there be a health issue. That is too big a risk to take and potentially financially crippling. I'm delighted to find out that there are possible routes which I'll pursue after Christmas. Thanks to all for your suggestions....really appreciated!