We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edreams scam?, did you get your money back?

Santiago, Chile
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Edreams scam?, did you get your money back?

Hi all,

I am very concerned beacause few days ago I booked a flight with edreams. I paid with my credit card and I received a confirmation email back with my booking number and all. When I got to the airport, the system did recognize that booking number, but Edreams didn't issued a real air-ticket associated with it!!!... which meant that the airline couldn't check me in and I couldn't flight, unless I pay a new ticket (4 tickets actually becuase I was travelling with my family) at the counter!!...which was more than 2 times the original price!

As you can imagine, Edreams deducted the amount from my bank account and since then I´ve been trying to get an response....

By reading so many messages below, I imagine that some of you might have ended yours edreams-experimentation in something. I would love if you can give me some feedback as to what to do ...

Thanks

Augusto

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edreams scam?, did you get your money back?

Dispute the charge with your card issuer.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edreams scam?, did you get your money back?

As you can imagine, Edreams deducted the amount from my bank account

-------

(I thought you used a credit card??) hopefully you did in which case as Hans says, raise a dispute with them.

Lessons for next time,

1. check who you are spending your money with beforehand

2. Book direct with the airline anyway

3. Check your flight is in the airlines system ahead of time, don't wait until you get to the airport.

4. Do online check in as soon as you can, this flushes out issues a day early rather than when at the airport when it's often too late.

Edited: 27 December 2013, 10:46
3. Re: Edreams scam?, did you get your money back?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:18