We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa vs. BA international

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
434 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Lufthansa vs. BA international

I can't decide. Any experience with both in the old 747s? Looking at an itinerary of Vancouver - Paris and return Vienna to Vancouver next year. Price difference is about $90 more on BA if we pay for seat selection ahead of time. I've flown international on Lufthansa a few times but only domestic on BA. Any comparisons on in cabin service? Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lufthansa vs. BA international

If you're flying in Economy / World Traveller then there isn't a huge need to pay for advance seat selection unless you are very fussy about where you sit.

I think Lufty fly Airbus A330s on the route from YVR to MUC, but that may change in 2014.

BA would be my first choice, but LH probably wouldn't be awful. Should you choose BA, please ensure you allow plenty of time for the T3 to T5 connection on the way back from VIE to YVR (unless BA will move VIE flights to T5 next year).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
434 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lufthansa vs. BA international

Thanks. Didn't realize the Vienna flight went into Terminal 3. I think there's at least 3 hours between flights though. Lufthansa runs the Airbus in the summer I think, we've done those a few times. We're flying in ate November and coming back first week of December, the winter route seems to be on the 747

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lufthansa vs. BA international

Just because they fly an Airbus one summer is no guarantee they will run it the next

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
434 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lufthansa vs. BA international

No, it doesn't mean they will but currently the schedule is showing the aircraft type and there's a change in October from the airbus to the 747

5. Re: Lufthansa vs. BA international

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:17