We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do not book with eDreams

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
do not book with eDreams

customer service is a joke. after declining my payment and making me call the £1.50/min 'helpline' i was booked a return flight when i only wanted one way. after correcting the assistant and waiting another 5 minutes i was assured that my booking (and the amount charged) had been altered the just one-way. 5 minutes later i get an e-mail through saying that I have a return flight booked, checked my bank statement, and of course I'd still been charged for a return flight. after ringing again to try to sort this issue, i was told the booking was "non refundable" and their response to my argument that it was their mistake in the first place, i was told "we have no record of your asking to change the booking to one-way".

so i've been incorrectly charged for 2 transatlantic flights that i have no intention of using and they are telling me there is nothing they can do. DO NOT USE eDREAMS!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: do not book with eDreams

There are already several threads on eDreams in this forum.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: do not book with eDreams

Yes, we know not to use them. Thanks....

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do not book with eDreams

JN, call your credit card company. Hopefully they get called enough about eDreams they will side with you.

FWIW the reason they booked you a return is probably that it was cheaper than a one way and their expectation would have been that you just wouldn't have used the return leg. This is against the airlines Ts&Cs but they don't give two hoots about that.

If you search for eDreams in this forum you will find enough threads warning about using them you'll probably feel a right p*****r and realise your warning is somewhat redundant and about 5 years too late.

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,071 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: do not book with eDreams

JN1988 - yes I suggest you not use them. How did you find this forum to make your complaint, but did not find it to check them out before you contacted them in the first place?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: do not book with eDreams

>>>>>How did you find this forum to make your complaint, but did not find it to check them out before you contacted them in the first place?<<<<<<

That's the best question on any of the Forums. I would also be Leary of the 1.50 per minute for a customer service call.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,781 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: do not book with eDreams

A quick search in this forum shows eight pages of 10 threads a page about edreams complaints with more scattered in later pages.

TA is an excellent resource to research just about anything.

7. Re: do not book with eDreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 06:18