We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco Flights September 2014

London, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
San Francisco Flights September 2014

Hi Guys,

I am currently looking at flights for my Sept 14 road trip starting in San Francisco and flying back to London from New York City.

The cost of flights atm are £628 for British Airways and £635 for Virgin both in their respective winter sales. Last week outside the sale they both cost in the region of £730.

Do you think this is the lowest they are going to go or should i book up asap

thanks

Carl

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco Flights September 2014

Do you think this is the lowest they are going to go or should i book up asap

========

No.One. Knows.

Not even BA or Virgin.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco Flights September 2014

September is prime weather for the San Francisco area (they get an extremely late summer due to the fog) - therefore, if I were doing the trip, I'd book ASAP.

London, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: San Francisco Flights September 2014

Thanks guys Flights all booked !!

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Francisco Flights September 2014

For the last 2 years UAL on the LHR-SFO route have thrown up some unusually low last minute(60 days or less) fares between £500-£550, in 2012 I put it down to overestimating demand for tickets to watch the Olympics but the same thing happened this year,so would suggest you add them to your fare alert list

Edited: 28 December 2013, 19:13
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Francisco Flights September 2014

Those are really good fares, especially if they are for direct flights!

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Francisco Flights September 2014

Yes they were, I like to attend an auction every year in NoCal but don;t go unless there are lots of interest and the auctioneers don't normally finalise the catalogue until 3 weeks before the event so very very useful,even the biz class flights are low!!!

7. Re: San Francisco Flights September 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 06:19