We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

Dundonald...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

I have booked flight through BA from London Heathrow to Dallas and then we change in Dallas onto American Airline flight to Mexico. Will we need money for food or is it included on AA flight?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

You'll need a credit card as most US domestic flights don't include food and don't accept cash. However as you're going to Mexico it may be different - didn't read the post properly the first time!

Edited: 30 December 2013, 21:34
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

On AA flights to Mexico there is no free food in Economy but you can purchase onboard with a credit card but I'd probably opt to buy something in DFW if you have time.

aa.com/i18n/…na_carib_main.jsp

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

Are you flying with AA or with BA from Heathrow to Dallas? Meals will be offered free of charge on that sector no matter which airline is the operating carrier, one hot meal shortly after departure and then a snack before arrival.

The flight from DFW to MEX is just two and a half hours, with the BoB (buy on board) menu fairly limited. You should be offered a drink from the trolley but if you think you will want a snack for that journey you may wish to do a bit of self catering.

Edited: 30 December 2013, 22:48
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,281 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

Non-alcoholic drink only for free from the drink cart on the flight from DFW to Mexico. You can purchase alcohol or food but need a credit card. They do not take cash anymore.

Dundonald...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

I booked all my flights on BA website. I fly with BA from London to Dallas and then we change onto a code share flight which is operated by AA :)

Dundonald...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

All food and alcohol is free on BA isn't it?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

'All food and alcohol is free on BA isn't it?' Yes. If you're flying from GLA to Heathrow you'll be offered a drink and breakfast if you've booked a flight to depart before 1000, otherwise just a drink. LHR to DFW service will include a drink from the trolley, main meal service followed by tea and coffee, then a light snack with tea and coffee before arrival. Crew usually offer water and juice during lights out, but if you want something else to drink all you need do is ask.

Edited: 30 December 2013, 23:38
Dundonald...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

While we are waiting on connecting flight in Dallas can you purchase duty free in the terminal or do you not have access to duty free shop?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,875 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

Edited.

Edited: 01 January 2014, 03:52
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,875 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights booked through BA who use AA as code share flight

^^^^^ (above post was wrong) ...

As you are connecting to an international flight at DFW you may indeed buy Duty Free there. There are DF stores on the concourse.

Note the US way of buying duty free is that you buy the duty free, but you don't walk away with it. The duty free is delivered to the plane and you collect it at the boarding gate just before entering the plane.

That's because international flights leave from domestic gates and it's to prevent domestic pax buying duty free that they aren't entitled to.