We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,029 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

I have booked a prem econ . ticket from yvr to lon for this june. On the website it says you can pre select you seat from booking time if in prem or upper class. I cannot. I have tried calling a 1800 number and it doesn't ring. I have tried another number and got recordings that went in circles.. you NEVER get to a human . I am pretty angry .. and almost ready to cancel as this is baloney.. why can't I reach a human. Does anyone know what number I should be calling.. I am in Canada but think I can use the USA site.. I booked on Canadian site but get this.. there is no number in Canada to phone,, they list a UK or American number only.

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

Can't help with the phone number but here in the uk if you book a flight with virgin you can only preselect your seat at 90 days prior to the flight . Perhaps it's the same over there and there is a mistake on the website ?

I have to admit Virgin are lousy for getting to speak with someone in customer service , I flew with them last year . The flight was great but pre flight contact was a nightmare .

Are you on Facebook? , virgin have a Facebook page and you can often get hold of customer service on there quite quickly

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,029 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

Thanks will try Facebook

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

I had another thought , as it's the middle of the night here often websites do maintainance about now , if the Canadian site is linked to the british one that may be causing a glitch. Try again in an hour

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,545 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

What do you mean, "You cannot?" Did you try doing it online? What happens when you try?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,029 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

It says "seat map unavailable"

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

try this

virgin-atlantic.com/gb/…phone.html

if that fails try this

0044 844 209 7777

have to admit, i've never had a problem getting through to a person

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,029 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

I finally got through to a human. And she was little help, not familiar with the new policy they are putting in place.. She and read through website together and it is simply ridiculus. The website says if you book after April the 1st you can book your seat free of charge when booking if in upper or prem ec. BUT she insists since I booked yesterday I must wait till 30 days ahead.. wtf.. so if I had booked April the 1st I could book my seat.. but since I booked 6 months in advance I must wait an EXTRA 60 days past when someone else who books 3 months in advance( April 1st) has to.. and the lady is confused too.. she kept saying its a new policy.. and kept going round in circles and reading off a script. It was singularily most frustrating travel booking experience I have ever had. I have about 5 more hours before I can cancel with out charge and I am now looking at other airlines as this has undermined my faith in this airline.

It seems simple enough to me.. I have booked and paid for a ticket in a smaller section, I have likely booked before many other people.. why on earth should I not be able to book a seat at this point.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

So the policy is actually if you book from April 1st 2014 you can select your seat at the time of booking?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

So, another thought: Your flight is in June, yes? What's your rush with the seat? Chuck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked Virgin but can't get through now.. help please

I would not chuck the flight away because you are having a hissy fit. Just book the seat when you can.

The saying,,,don't throw the baby out with the bath water comes to mind.