We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YYZ-LHR with Air Canada

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
YYZ-LHR with Air Canada

Hello all

I am wondering if anyone has flown from the YYZ to LHR route with Air Canada? I would fly straight from YUL to LHR but they've changed the configuration on the 777-300 with 398 economy seats alone, and that's just not happening so I have a layover in Toronto. I know their older version is better. They also have a USB port which is a plus.

I've checked with other airlines, but they are more expensive as I am leaving in late July. I flew with British Airways last summer, and I loved it. The reason I ask, is because there has been so many complaints about Air Canada, from very good, to very bad. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks a lot

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,856 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: YYZ-LHR with Air Canada

I haven't flown that aircraft nor AC long haul for a while. But my experiences with AC on "medium haul" (YVR-YOW and IAH-YYZ) have been very good. Full AVOD on all flights, even the RJs. I like AC.

As to the 777, I see what you mean. The newer planes are 3-4-3 in economy, yuk. The older ones (3-3-3) should be better and I'd go for an aisle in the center section. If there are two of you go for aisle/middle in the center (or try aisle-aisle, and if the middle is occupied, do the decent thing and swap). Whichever, those seats give the minimum disturbance via a vis someone getting up to access the aisle.

Given that BA is flying 787 Dreamliners to Canada with seats as narrow as that 3-4-3 AC plane you don't like, I'd stick to your current plan.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: YYZ-LHR with Air Canada

USBusinessTraveller +1

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: YYZ-LHR with Air Canada

Having done the BA 787 YYZ <-> LHR I agree, the seats are narrow as hell! Particularly the first row of economy

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,671 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: YYZ-LHR with Air Canada

AC flyers are calling those 777's the "HD" version..avoid them at all costs. Read any review, even one, of someone who has been on one (Flyertalk has several discussions) and you will be convinced not to fly on them. The regulare 777's are ok, but not the HD version

5. Re: YYZ-LHR with Air Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:19