We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Austrian Airlines - 35 minutes transfer?

Swansea, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Austrian Airlines - 35 minutes transfer?

Have booked,through agent, flight from London to Bangkok.

I now realize there is only 35 minutes between the flight connections in Vienna.

Is this enough time?

Who is responsible if I miss connection or luggage does not make it?

Is it the agent or airline?

Checked on Austrian Airlines web site and they are also selling the same flight connections.

Tim

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Austrian Airlines - 35 minutes transfer?

If you are booked on one through ticket the airline will be responsible for getting you on the next available flight free of charge....Which may well happen on a 35 minute connection if the inbound flight is even a little delayed.

Edited: 04 January 2014, 12:10
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,287 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Austrian Airlines - 35 minutes transfer?

That's a bit tight for my liking as you have no room for even a short delay to your first flight - if you miss the connection the airline will get you on the next flight with available seats and although they might arrange this with you direct it's not unusual for airlines to make arrangements via the agent.

One of the advantages to booking direct with the airline is the ability to talk to them directly in case of any issues.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Austrian Airlines - 35 minutes transfer?

Looking at the flight appears the LHR-Thailand service only stops at VIE to take on more pax as it appears to be the same metal with a different flight no, so no problems with luggage or you missing your connection

Swansea, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Austrian Airlines - 35 minutes transfer?

It's not the same plane.

Lon- Vie Airbus 321

Vie - Bangkok Boeing 777

There will be no other flights that day, due to arrive 22.45

There are no direct flights from Vienna next day with other airlines.

It looks like a 24 hour wait.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Austrian Airlines - 35 minutes transfer?

Sorry didn't know the dates just looked at Jan flight arriving at 22.50hrs leaving VIE 23.20hrs and it shows the same metal for both flights-then yes you have a problem!!!

Swansea, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Austrian Airlines - 35 minutes transfer?

This is what happened, my OS456 flight on 28th May.

Before i checked in I enquired at desk, they said 35 minutes at Vienna was fine as long as the flight was on time.

Checked in and waited for flight, departures board then showed my flight was delayed 20 minutes.

I went to the Austrian/Lufthansa desk to express my concern.

I was then transferred to Thai Airways direct flight to Bangkok.

7. Re: Austrian Airlines - 35 minutes transfer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:15