We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Prices to Lanzarote

Devon, England
Level Contributor
119 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Prices to Lanzarote

I have been researching flight prices for Lanzarote and I really don't know what is a good price ! We are looking at going on the 13th December for 3 weeks ! I am presuming not all companies have their flight schedules out yet for December. Does anyone know the best time to book flights for December? We would travel from Exeter, Bristol or Birmingham. Monarch have flights from Birmingham for our dates which comes out at £640 for both of us - is that good ??? or should we wait to see what other companies have to offer? Many thanks.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,185 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Prices to Lanzarote

No such thing as a good price, unless it's a price you are happy with. Prices vary from airport to airport, departure date etc. They also fluctuate regularly, sometimes daily (or on the odd occasion more than once). There was a few replies when you asked yesterday.

Camborne, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Prices to Lanzarote

Not sure you will get a flight from Exeter on a Saturday.

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Prices to Lanzarote

Agree flight prices are very subjective. To me those prices sound very high. Two of us are flying in 3 weeks from Gatwick and for both of us it cost less than £200. We have more flights booked for June, bit more expensive but both of us are flying for £300. My parents are flying in school holiday time and still paying less than £600 for two. Pay what you are comfortable with as time of year and choice of airport will make a huge difference to your costs.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Prices to Lanzarote

Have a look at Skyscanner.net usually indicate good prices

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,185 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight Prices to Lanzarote

I paid just under £500 for 2 for last September, including luggage, breakfast and extra legroom. Same flights cost me £550 for next September, minus the extra legroom inbound and with 10% discount.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
474 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight Prices to Lanzarote

Just to let you know flights from Liverpool to Lanza were £30 return this year when I booked in October. I wouldn't rush. And I certainly wouldn't spend no more than £150 each on a flight. Never spent more than £120

Keep checking on Skyscanner

Good luck.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight Prices to Lanzarote

I agree that flight prices are entirely subjective, particularly if you are limited to where you fly from- I wish I could say ive never paid more than £150pp, more like almost double, but that's cause of where I want to fly from and the fact that im a teacher and need to fly during school holidays. I agree with what Leyland always says- book at what you're happy with and dont look back :-) x

England
Level Contributor
726 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight Prices to Lanzarote

As I've commented in a different post - the more open you are to the departing airport, the better price you will ascertain. If you don't mind the flight times & where you fly from then you will be likely to get a good price. What a good is, us subjective of course. I live near Exeter & can tell you that the price of flights to Lanz out of season from Exeter are not cheap. Although you save on travel so you need to calculate this into the equation. I would advise Bristol will be your cheapest 'local' option. I've never done flight only to the Canaries locally, although did a package holiday to Tenerife from Bristol to G/Canaria on a late deal in October for £300 each. All my flights have departed from LGW or Stansead, admitidally because of flights times. Book when comfortable on price.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight Prices to Lanzarote

Completely agree, its a pity flying to lanza from Scottish airports is so expensive and that I need to fly at specific times, but hey I can't so I have to bitsy tongue and make the most of it :-) :-)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight Prices to Lanzarote

*bite my.

Oops! Lol x