We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France Problem

o a
Solihull, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Air France Problem

I was supposed to travel on 24th of December to Lagos, Nigeria from Birmingham, UK via Paris with my 2 children aged 9 and 7. We were travelling for a family wedding in Lagos and my children were in the bridal train.The flight took off from Birmingham about 8am but could not land in France because of the bad windy weather so we returned to Birmingham about 10am. We were put on another flight later that day after the staff at Birmingham rebook the flight for my children and I to fly on the 25th of December to Lagos and was told to collect a hotel voucher in Paris. I understood all this because of safety aspects. On getting to Paris after another delayed flight finally about 7pm, I was made to wait for over 6 hours with my 2 children at the airport before we were able to get the hotel vouchers and having to rebook a flight to Lagos. I was told by the air France staff who did the booking to ask that my luggage was on board when I got my boarding pass to travel the next day. I asked the at the staff on 2 different occasions at the counter where I was given my boarding pass and the airport security posts, both of which assured me that my luggage was on board. My Children were given seats several rows away from me by strangers. ( I was on 25G, they were on 23B and 23 D) On getting to Lagos, my luggage had been left behind despite the assurances of Air France staff. The clothes for the wedding never arrived in time for the wedding despite making long journeys to the airport from our base. This caused much distress to us especially because of the bridal train clothes. I have travelled on air France before and was quite happy with the service but this time around, some of the treatment I got at the airport in Paris and regarding the luggage was appalling. I was truly saddened and disappointed by the whole experience. Has anyone has a similar experience with Air France? What would you advice to do?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France Problem

What would you advice to do?

======

Carry your bridal train with you next time ? :-)

Luggage can be lost in normal circumstances so anything you "must" have with you needs to be taken on the plane

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5557465…

2. Re: Air France Problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:19