We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opodo nightmare, any way to force cash out of them??

Chester, UK
1 post
Save Topic
Opodo nightmare, any way to force cash out of them??

Had a very negative experience which is a caution to all. I booked two tickets through Opodo for my ex-partner and 3 year old child to join us on Christmas eve from Moscow to Gatwick, the airline was reported as Transaero which I've never heard of but the plane itself was easyjet.

We got a confirmation email from Opodo but nothing else. I looked through my account the ticket money went but there was a tiny repayment of about £30 (opodo) ten days after the confirmation email..

With all the flooding in Gatwick they were not allowed to the check-in until several hours late. However the check in desk told them there was no booking in that name and no payment. I had to pay nearly 1000 euro for new flights via Zurich on Swiss airlines.Also a hotel in heathrow and new connecting flights on Christmas day.

A big disaster and very nearly ruined Christmas. Poor kid was knackered all day with all the flying.

This was just the worst part of all my problems over Christmas, I also lost a lot of money/time due to Gatwick flooding. and missing my connections also.

Is there any way to get some compensation or at least my ticket money from these guys?? I mean an external agency like ATOL or some european convention that could help.

Edited: 07 January 2014, 00:01
Lake Crystal...
Level Contributor
561 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opodo nightmare, any way to force cash out of them??

Put "Opodo" in the search box above and take a look at how others have done when dealing with them.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,758 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opodo nightmare, any way to force cash out of them??

Well, for the original purchase from Odopo that you didn't get tickets for, you might be able to file a dispute with your credit card company for "services not provided."

But in general, with Trip Advisor so available on demand from anywhere in the world, check on the website for travel plans. You could have caught this one before proceeding to Headacheville.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opodo nightmare, any way to force cash out of them??

Claim back from your credit card company on the grounds they didn't provide what was promised.

The only way you could get any compensation would be to take them to court, IANAL but since they took your money and then never refunded it you could argue that they put you in a position where it reasonably seemed you did have a ticket.

4. Re: Opodo nightmare, any way to force cash out of them??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 06:22