We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dual Passport travel

Brampton, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dual Passport travel

I have dual citizenship, Canadian and British. I plan to travel to India as follows:

Exit Canada - Canadian Passport, Enter India - Canadian Passport

Exit India - Canadian Passport, Enter England - British Passport ( No line-ups at immigration)

Exit England- Canadian Passport, Enter Canada- Canadian Passport

I want to enter England on British passport to avoid line-ups and also I plan to travel to either France or Spain.

My wife on the other hand has only Canadian passport and will travel only on Canadian passport with me.

Is there any problem using British passport to enter England?

Thanks

Canada
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dual Passport travel

You've got it.

Thats exactly what I do. I really only use my Brit pp to enter the UK and move around Europe. For the USA, South Africa, Australia, Costa Rica, etc its the good old Canadian one.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,485 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dual Passport travel

Balsher,

I agree with Africandaisy. In fact, you can use your Canadian passport to travel around the EU like your wife**. You need not use your UK passport at all on this trip.

I'm also a dual citizen (I have UK and US passports) and I use my US when visiting England. The only reason I would use my UK would be for emergency travel when my US passport were unavailable (visa applications, renewal, etc).

** - just note that if you do travel from the UK to Europe your Canadian passports will need to have 3 months' validity on them beyond the end of your trip in order to enter other European countries in the Schengen area (which is almost all other EU country). That condition doesn't apply to the UK or Ireland as they're not in Schengen.

13. Re: Dual Passport travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 05:20