We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin: Best time to buy tickets for late September

Kansas City
Level Contributor
31 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin: Best time to buy tickets for late September

Age old question- when to buy the flight. My fiancé and I want to go to Ireland for our honeymoon and we're pinching pennies to make it happen. Obviously flights are the hardest to control. Never been to Europe. Does the 30-60 day window still apply these days? Or are their different flight trends? We're looking at going around the 20th. Last August it was 746 from our hometown for Sept 2013. Right now I'm watching in creep for this Sept into the 860 area at the least. I know there are no guarantees- but any advice?

thanks!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,995 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin: Best time to buy tickets for late September

Pull out your magic 8 ball for that question. The answer is no one knows. There's no real rules about when to buy. If you've got some time, you can do any of the following

- follow fares to see what they normally are, which it seems like you are doing

- check fares frequently as sales often come and go very quickly

- check on different dates as fares are different on various days of the week to see what's cheapest

- follow the airlines twitter feeds and sign up for their emails so you get notified of any sales

- when you see a sale or fare at a price you like, buy it immediately as sales can disappear fast

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
598 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin: Best time to buy tickets for late September

suggestion,

go to www.skyscanner.com and put your intended flights into their "älerts" system and you will be notified of price fluctuations as they occur, BUT don't under any circumstances book through that site - irrespective of whatever deal you think you are getting - just book directly with the airline in question ................

3. Re: Dublin: Best time to buy tickets for late September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:21