We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami delays !

Nuremberg, Germany
2 posts
Save Topic
Miami delays !

Had a flight from Miami to Cancun today.

Arrived from London. Bloody 3 hours waiting at immigration.

What a disgraceful airport.

This isn't the first time, it's a regular occurance.

Something needs to be done. They should make it in print airline rules, that if you want to connect at Miami you should only be booked if you have 4 hours in between flights!

Ques to join the toilet ... what is that all about?

Disgrace.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami delays !

Why do you fly through Miami if it's a regular occurrence? Price? That's a choice. It takes a lot of money to improve an airport. Money talks. If MIA feels passengers and airlines are choosing other airports to use, that could possibly make a difference. You could write to the airport authority and airline, and write a review on Airlinequality.com. Last time I connected through MIA, it was a piece of cake (short lines at both Immigration and toilets), but this can obviously vary widely depending on day of the week, and time of day.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,237 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami delays !

Most people allow 5 hours for a MIA connection.Long lines are standard.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami delays !

Last time I went through Miami it took me just over an hour. I was lucky and was sent over to the domestic queue, however it was a hot, sweaty and deeply uncomfortable wait. They could improve the air con.

To be fair, they do a good job with what they have,,,there is an average of 100, 000 passenger every single day through that airport. I was chatting to the immigration agent as I went through and the pax numbers are huge. Yes, it's busy, you just need to prepare accordingly and be prepared for the delay if you need to go through.

Quite honestly I have dealt with worse at other airports, it's taken me over four hours just to get out of Dulles before. It's also taken me nearly that to get through dulles on departure,,,and that's after baggage drop. It is what it is and you just need to deal accordingly.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,649 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami delays !

Hmmm ....

As of 6.39pm EST yesterday you were sitting by the pool at Changi waiting for a massage. 19 hours 33 minutes later you have endured three hours of immigration delays at MIA. That would have given you 16 hours 33 mins (minus your massage time) to fly SIN-LHR-MIA as you claimed you were doing yesterday. - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7096436…

The block time for SIN-LHR flights is between 13hr40 and 14hr10, and for LHR-MIA it's 9hr45 to 10hr5. That's a minimum of 23hr25 of flying time, let alone the transit at Heathrow.

Which route did you take? Tardis?

Edited: 09 January 2014, 20:34
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,602 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miami delays !

Good point USBT! ;)

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,990 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miami delays !

Oh dear, something indeed needs to be done about trolls

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,649 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Miami delays !

There's also the not so insignificant fact that none of the LHR-MIA flights land at MIA before 1.54pm EST (the time of the original post). The first of today is scheduled for 2.10pm and it was delayed.

Edited: 09 January 2014, 20:54
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,246 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miami delays !

Which route did you take? Tardis?

The Citation X broke down en-route!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,990 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Miami delays !

tripadvisor.co.uk/…40438887

you should take note of Shabnam..just about from half down of her opening post.:)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Miami delays !

Sigh, what do folks get out of sitting at home making up stuff? It's very sad indeed.