We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mistakenly fraud purchase

mistakenly fraud purchase

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 14:05
Edited: 09 October 2014, 14:05
Davis, Illinois
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: mistakenly fraud purchase

Hi guys,

My wife asked me to buy a ticker for her. I used her credit card and make the transaction with an airline dealers ( such as cheapoair, student universe...I don't want to point out the name) while she was out for a walk. The guy call her back to confirm but since her English is not too good so she could not understand what he said. When she came home, she told me about it and I immediately call them back but they told me they already report it and there is no thing I can do about it. 5 minute later they sent me an email saying that they will report it to the TSA, and Airline reporting corporation. They also said that my wife name will be black listed and banned from every airline in US and also I could be detained !!! I am basically scare to hell. What should I do ?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,202 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mistakenly fraud purchase

Sorry I don't understand. You'll have to be more specific. What exactly is it that has caused your wife to be "blacklisted" and "reported to the TSA"?

Was it that you booked a flight without her knowledge, using her credit card and that got flagged as a fraudulent transaction? I wouldn't think that would cause your wife to be blacklisted, just the ticket canceled and her card being canceled and her receiving a new one.

The TSA is just airport security, screening the bags and people entering the sterile area. They are not law enforcement.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,543 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mistakenly fraud purchase

Someone used my credit card fraudulently to buy airline tickets, and I have flown since then, so I don't think I was blacklisted, and I don't think your wife will be either.

What I would be more worried about would be that you used her credit card without her knowledge. I would have thought you were in more trouble than she is, until she explains the situation to her card company.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mistakenly fraud purchase

I think someone or some company is playing a prank on you and I am not sure why you feel it is necessary to hide their name if they are indeed doing this ridiculous thing .

As the PP mentioned none of these companies have control or access to airline or TSA systems or fly lists

I would also call your credit card and make sure you were not charged

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mistakenly fraud purchase

Sounds like a lot of rubbish from whichever company you used, even if it was fraudulent that's nothing to do with the TSA who deal with security.

But as you have an email, post it here, omitting your names. But you should name the company and I don't understand why you haven't already.

If you read many of the posts here you'll see that people using third parties do often run into problems which is one reason people say to book direct, but this is an unusual one even for then.

But to say it again, post what they said here.remove your names and any personal details.

Davis, Illinois
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: mistakenly fraud purchase

Sorry my English is not very good.

She asked me to buy her a ticket which I buy it online through a third party website using her credit card. However I did it while she was away and they called her to confirm if she made the purchase. First, her English hearing skill is not too good so she could not understand the guy very clearly. So she said no and she did not buy anything from them. Hence they cancel the charge on the credit card. When She got home and she told me and I immediately call the guy back but they said they already report the transaction as fraud transaction. Then, they send me an email in which they said that I made a fraud transaction and they already report it to the TSA and Airline reporting corporation which will black listed the passenger name and my wife can not purchase any ticket in the future... it scare the scrap out of me and my wife... I am worry that the police will show up at my house

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,983 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mistakenly fraud purchase

As others have said, no one is going to get blacklisted from flying over this. If the charge has been cancelled (maybe check with your CC provider) then simply buy another ticket direct from the airline instead. There is no need in your case to deal with what sounds a very suspect third party agent.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mistakenly fraud purchase

I would like to know which third party agent / website would need to both 'call back to confirm' and 'report it ... to the TSA and Airline reporting corporation'.

As USBT said, the TSA screens bags and ensures the identity and documentation of passengers before travelling; I've never heard of an 'Airline reporting corporation'. Along with that, reputable companies will make a booking straight away, usually without the need for telephone confirmation. With Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode, those who use, as in this matter, a family member's card to book will need to have that information in order to complete the booking. Also, airline websites (and I suspect reputable agents) will ask if the person making the booking will be travelling to ensure the correct name is on the ticket.

That this company's staff were uttering threats is good reason not to use them but also worrisome that their booking abilities are equally as dire.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,543 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mistakenly fraud purchase

Has SHE (ie not you) explained to her credit card company that the transaction was made with her consent and was not fraudulent? If not, I would still think you could be looking at a problem, unless you have her consent lodged (usually done in writing) with the card company to act on her behalf.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,202 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mistakenly fraud purchase

You should name the third party that sent you that email. And as Joe says post the email, just removing all personal information.

If they stated that they reported this to the TSA then it's a load of rubbish (the FBI may be a different kettle of fish).

Edited: 11 January 2014, 08:07