We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non stop flight rescheduled

australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Non stop flight rescheduled

Was booked on a NON-STOP Skywest Airlines (operated by Delta) flight from Vegas to Memphis, but have now been told that the flight has been cancelled and airline has booked us on a flight via LAX. We paid extra for the original flight. Can i ask the airline to reimburse the extra cost or can i ask that we be put on another non stop flight.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,646 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non stop flight rescheduled

You paid to be carried from Las Vegas to Memphis. You are going to be carried from Las Vegas to Memphis. There is no claim for compensation available. You can ask to be put onto another flight, but there might be a change fee. It depends on the T&C of the original ticket.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,276 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non stop flight rescheduled

"Can i ask the airline to reimburse the extra cost or can i ask that we be put on another non stop flight."

I doubt if they will agree to any refund of the extra cost as they are still flying you from Vegas to Memphis, if they operate another non stop on the day you could ask to be moved to that flight, you should call Delta to find out your options calmly explaining you are not happy with the change to find out your options.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,881 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non stop flight rescheduled

All airlines change schedules now and then, including canceling flights and eliminating non stop service altogether. That's part of flying ....

BUT .... call Delta reservations and POLITELY ask them for a better flight. Your rebooking was most likely done by a computer, and you may find better options available that you can request. I'd suggest you do a bit of research before calling to look at more convenient options. Although the reservations agent should be able to offer you the best option they won't know your exact personal needs. It's always good to have alternative flight options in your back pocket and be able to suggest them.

Good luck.

(ps - your flight was most likely the other way around - Delta operated by SkyWest. Which is why you should call Delta)

Edited: 12 January 2014, 10:08
australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non stop flight rescheduled

thank you for your prompt responses - am actually looking at other available flights at the moment and will then contact Delta

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non stop flight rescheduled

Also worth trying the Delta Assist twitter account (if you're on twitter) as a first point of call as they're very helpful.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Non stop flight rescheduled

If the fare for you new journey (via LAX) is lower, there should nothing stopping you from either cancelling your reservation with a refund and rebooking at the lower fare, or for the agent/airline just to reissue your ticket at the lower fare and give you the refund that way.

However, if you want was historically the lower fare when you originally made the reservation, you will be out of luck I'm afraid. I would think it highly unlikely you would be offered anything other than a refund or rebooking.

Delta has been reducing the number of flights it operates from Memphis for a few years now, so double check that there are still non-stop flights on the day you are travelling. I doubt Delta would rebook you on another airline if that airline happened to have a non-stop flight.

If you do travel indirect, I would speak to Delta and ask for something other than LAX which is not a brilliant airport for transit. I personally would prefer to travel Salt Lake City, Cincinnati or Minneapolis over LAX.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Non stop flight rescheduled

Vegas to Memphis via Minneapolis?? Really?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Non stop flight rescheduled

Yes. Really. Only 145 miles further than via LAX.

SLC would obviously be the ideal transit point in the absence of a suitable non-stop.

9. Re: Non stop flight rescheduled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 13:12
London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Non stop flight rescheduled

Only 145 miles further than via LAX

How did you work that out??