We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

Hi,wondering if any one has taken a malaysia airlines flight from adelaide to KL and can give some feed back.in particular we have flown other airlines and been provided a "comfort " pack containing earplugs ect ect do you get or can you buy these.also what's the food and drink service like ect?read some horror stories? Thanks mark

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
914 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

AA is a no frills airline and as a result offers great deals.

All of its extras are included prominently on its website including comfort packs. The packs include a blanket and eye covers. Cannot remember if they have earplugs. If you must have them buy in Oz before you leave for a few dollars.

Nothing wrong with the food. I prefer the Asian selection but it is all on the website.

Most importantly pick and pay the few dollars for a seat to avoid all the dramas of not sitting together.

Finally ..use the web check in and avoid most of the queue at the Oz check in.

I have been flying them at least 8 times each year and I have learnt to love them and I really love the price.

After all the flight is not that long by comparison to the European and US legs.

Enjoy

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,827 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia Airlines is a full service airline and one of the best in the world.

see

www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/5star.htm

I have flown with them many times from Sydney or Melbourne to KL and on internal flights and found them to be excellent.

The often have very good deals and you need to check the availability of these and consider that it is around an 8 hour flight, and compare the cost to full service on budget airlines.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

Hi Mark, fellow South Australian here. I've flown ADL-KUL on MH a number of times but only on MH138 which is the afternoon departure. On those flights, you get a post departure beverage followed by a meal service (a late lunch). Then about an hour before arrival into Kuala Lumpur, a snack is served - usually a roll or wrap. I'm yet to try MH136 which is the morning departure.

MH provides a pillow and a blanket on every seat but other than that, I don't recall comfort packs being available for these flights. In terms of food, I quite enjoy their food. Have not had a bad experience with them.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

I've done this flight a couple of times and enjoyed it (well, as much as I'm able to enjoy flying) and had no issues at all.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
914 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

Sorry I thought you were asking about AA (Air Asia) which has only recently started flying out of Adelaide.

My apologies for only scanning your question.

Have flown Malaysian several times as well. Nothing worng with it. No comfort packs and the food is fine (just airline food)

The inflight entertainment can be limited but in these days of tablets etc I usually take my own anyway.

If the fare is good........take it

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

G'day Mark S,

on MH, for this flight, comfort pack , which I recall consisting of sandals, ear plug, eye mitt, some hand moisturizer, lip balm only available on business class- in fact, it has to be requested.

On the First, it is provided without request.

For economy, sorry not provided, but am sure in Temptations inflight shopping- you can purchase.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,122 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

Want to know more about airlines

Why not refer your post to the Air Travel forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

also the Skytrax Airline rating site has information and reviews

http://www.airlinequality.com/index.htm

and seatguru (part of TA) has lots of information and also reviews

http://www.seatguru.com/

and seatplans, again with lots of information and reviews

http://www.seatplans.com/

http://www.airtimetable.com/seatmaps.htm

and finally the flight statistic site about airline performance

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Home/home.do

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

Thqnks

Edited: 15 January 2014, 10:39
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

Thanks

Edited: 15 January 2014, 10:42
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,523 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malaysia flight adelaide to Kuala Lumpur

We flew Malaysia ADL-KUL in 2011 and received a comfort pack of socks, eye shade and earplugs plus blanket and pillow.

food was fine IMO. Seat pitch is slightly wider than on similar airlines. I think its a very good airline. We flew on to Cape Town from KUL.

BTW Travelling Mitch this IS the Air Travel forum.

Edited: 15 January 2014, 10:52