We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

so confused VA new changes

Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
so confused VA new changes

So I've read about the new charges with pre booking seats our flight is June 12th to Orlando from what I've read we can pre book our seats from 1st at a fee of £25 each so £200 for our flights there and back 2 adults 2 kids I even went online and spoke via instant msg to VA was told same that was few weeks ago today I decided to call and was told as I booked in September I don't have to pay a fee and can pre book on 13th April and to keep checking online as they are making more changes soo confused has anyone else had same sort of problem?

Edited: 14 January 2014, 14:29
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: so confused VA new changes

It could be any time on the 60 day mark. Depends when a button gets pushed :)

C B
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: so confused VA new changes

I kept checking and my seatmap showed up 60 days ahead, at the local departure time.

North east england
Level Contributor
668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: so confused VA new changes

Keep checking every hour or so after the 60 day mark. My out-going flight was 60 days and 3 hours, and in-coming was 60 days and 4hours.

We also booked our trip last year before changes were made, and we could request seats 60 days before. We are flying Premium economy so no £25 charges.

Get a lot of help via the V-Flyer webiste, all posts on forums are Virgin related.

24. Re: so confused VA new changes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 05:15