We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Transat Carry on

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
127 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Air Transat Carry on

Hello Everyone,

We are flying from Calgary to London, UK via Air Transat. We have never flown using only a carry-on to Europe and when I look at their website, it says the carry-on baggage has to be 20x16x9". Our backpacks are 22" x 14" x 9"- does anyone have any experience on how stringent they are? Both are 45 linear inches, but I don't think they follow linear inches as some American airlines.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Transat Carry on

Can they be compressed or squashed down? If so you are probably OK. If they are rigid, whats your plan if, having been told they are very lenient, on the day they have instituted a new strict procedure and they want, say $100 each for each extra bag as it will have to go in the hold? Would you be happy about that ? If not, just get baggage that follows the rules.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,630 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Transat Carry on

The seat guru web site does say that 45linear inches on Air Transat is OK but it must include handles and wheels! Usually you are OK with these sorts of things unless the plane is very crowded and you are the last to board. I'd make sure I was not last!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
127 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Transat Carry on

Thanks for the help!

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
774 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Transat Carry on

Air Transat were not too fussed about hand baggage when I flew home with them from Toronto. Your bag appears about right. It may be a different story on your return as they were weighing handbags at check in. Compared with the likes of Ryanair. Air Transat is a gentle airline staffed by nice Canadians.

5. Re: Air Transat Carry on

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 07:17