We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver & Honolulu Connections enroute to Auckland

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vancouver & Honolulu Connections enroute to Auckland

I am travelling from Toronto to Auckland and my routing includes 2 connections; one in Vancouver the other in Honolulu...will I have to claim my bags in YVR to pre-clear US customs? I am not stopping in HNL..just a connection?

1. Re: Vancouver & Honolulu Connections enroute to Auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 02:46
Edited: 16 January 2014, 02:46
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,622 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vancouver & Honolulu Connections enroute to Auckland

Hi Carol ~

You can use the following YVR website to follow the 4 prompts for "Connecting through YVR" to see the process you will need to follow.

yvr.ca/en/…passenger-guides.aspx

Canada
Level Contributor
9,305 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vancouver & Honolulu Connections enroute to Auckland

Seeking clarification....

Do you have an overnight stop in Vancouver? If so, you would collect all of your checked baggage and take it with you to your Hotel....re-check-in the next day.

If not, follow the connection to USA signs upon arrival at YVR. The signage is actually quite good. You will go done a long hallway to your left. There will be a staffer checking boarding passes and Passports, to ensure folks are headed in the right direction.

You will then encounter another Security checkpoint ( CATSA), and then just beyond the Customs and Immigration checkpoint area for connecting passengers. Those originating in YVR are in a slightly different adjacent area.

The Customs official will scan your boarding card, and miraculously your checked baggage appears on a monitor. You are asked to confirm that it is your bag. So no need to fetch and haul any luggage through Customs....like the old days.

You then proceed to speak with a Customs official, hand in your completed Immigration card....and you are done. You are spit out into the "secure" transborder area, where there a good number of shops, restaurants etc around the various gates.

Safe Travels.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Vancouver & Honolulu Connections enroute to Auckland

Thanks Wanderlust-for-2....we are not overnighting in YVR so your process is what we will follow! Appreciate the info!

5. Re: Vancouver & Honolulu Connections enroute to Auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:18