We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Airport Travel Tax

4 posts
Save Topic
Bali Airport Travel Tax

Hi! I was wondering if there are imposed travel taxes for foreigners to be paid on departure from Bali? Because a local told me that there is still 150,000 RP to be paid. Is this true? Thanks

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Airport Travel Tax

Yes as far as I can see you still pay it (as well as the cost on entry), I would of gladly paid more to leave,,,,,,,

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,010 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Airport Travel Tax

The "departure tax"- actually an airport usage tax- is levied on everyone who leaves Bali by air, whether foreign or local. It's Rp150,000 for international flights and less for domestic flights (if you were flying to another destination in Indonesia). You have to pay in Rupiah.

Most airports used to have such a levy but over the past couple of decades it has been built into the cost of the flight so it's a more hidden charge, which the airlines remit to the airport.

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Airport Travel Tax

Thank you for the information. At least i know i needed to spare some money for it before i leave.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,010 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Airport Travel Tax

We always tuck Rp300,000 into the back packet of our wallets the first time we exchange money, so it's definitely there :-)

Edited: 17 January 2014, 05:41
5. Re: Bali Airport Travel Tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:17