We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used Cheapoair?

pa
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used Cheapoair?

I just booked my flight from newark to Jamaica...but now i seen all the negative reviews on Cheapoair. Does anyone have any advice? Will I get ripped off? They gave me a Booking Number but no Confirmation w/ United Airlines.

Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used Cheapoair?

How much did you save booking through Cheapo?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used Cheapoair?

You won't get ripped off. Cheapoair can always get fares cheaper than the airlines can offer. They always quote you live fares, and let you book them there and then. You pay a known, fixed sum and get immediate confirmation. Booking data and tickets are abpvailabke right away. If things go wrong, they are available 24/7.

Sorry I'm writing in crayon, they won't let me have sharp objects in here

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used Cheapoair?

There are many threads in this forum on this subject - suggest you read them in their gory glory.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used Cheapoair?

You already booked so it's too late now. Get your confirmation number for UA and check their webpage to make sure your ticket was issued. The odds are, you will be fine as long as the ticket was issued.

Keep an eye on your reservation for any schedule changes; don't assume Cheapoair or UA will notify you. Next time, book directly with the airline. I find it hard to believe you found a much cheaper price then you could have gotten booking directly with UA

Edited: 17 January 2014, 01:35
Level Contributor
15 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used Cheapoair?

We booked to Barcelona and got a good price. Don't think you''ll get ripped off. Our one problem was after booking we immediately saw a $30 cheaper flight on another site. We called and they agreed to refund the difference. When I got my credit card statement they did give the refund but they also re-charged the same amount, which cancelled out the refund. Could have been an honest mistake but I'm still waiting for the money.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
61,342 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used Cheapoair?

>>>Does anyone have any advice?<<<

Only 'don't do it again' but if you read the Cheapoair threads I think it's unlikely you will anyway!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used Cheapoair?

As for MY experience with Cheapoair, I say beware--- because when I booked a flight from Montreal to Buenos Aires about 10 days ago. The price was good, the stopover flight was to LaGuardia Airport, and there was a notice of airport change to JFK with a two-hour layover. I assumed that was kosher (who am I to know they have not allotted sufficient time to make connection???

Unfortunately, I then found out from friends who routinely do that route that making my connection for BA at JFK would be virtually impossible. The flight is the responsibility of Lan Argentina and is being handled by American Airlines. Cheapo says they wont be able to make any accommodation to me unless I pay about $750 per ticket ($1500 ). They said if I did not wish to pay the extra $1500, my only alternative would be to cntact LAN directly and hope for the best! Yesterday I spoke again with Lan and insist repeatedly that my connection was undoable and that I had not realized it (4 hours is more practical as we will be responsible for our luggage retrieval, passport control, security, 12-mile taxi ride plus checking luggage at JFK, going through security and boarding the plane well before takeoff!) they finally told me that my connection to BA would be "managed" by LAN. I asked them if "managed" meant we would be put on the next available flight without charge and they said "that is correct".

I booked my flight 14 weeks ahead so I have time to follow up on this. Therefore, who is ultimately responsible for this incorrect time allotment for my connection to JFK from LaGuardia in this case? Any ideas out there? Please tell me if this or anything similar has happened to others.

8. Re: Has anyone used Cheapoair?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 15:54
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone used Cheapoair?

Sorry, but you are responsible. You booked the flight. It's possible this is a "legal" connection. Even purchasing directly from the airline, you can find crazy schedules like this.

It's rather unclear from your post if you have one ticket or two, and on what airlines you are actually flying and what airline ticketed you. Without that info, can't offer any suggestions.

Perhaps take carryon only, arrange for transportation between airports in advance and sit near the front of the plane?

Edited: 17 January 2014, 15:54
Lake Crystal...
Level Contributor
626 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone used Cheapoair?

"Therefore, who is ultimately responsible for this incorrect time allotment for my connection to JFK from LaGuardia in this case?"

You are.