We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines lack of personnel

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
356 reviews
Save Topic
American Airlines lack of personnel

Just flew from Miami to JFK. Because of the lack of personnel, the wait time was as long as the flight. First, American Airlines forgot to gas up the plane resulting in a half-hour delay. Then, we were put in a holding pattern. Add another half hour. (This was not American's fault). Next, there was no gate agent to make sure there was a jetway for us to deplane. Add another half hour. Finally, no one off-loaded luggage for an hour and fifteen minutes. With the exception of the holding pattern at the American terminal, really none of this should have occurred if there were a sufficient number of people to take care of routine tasks associated with flying.

1. Re: American Airlines lack of personnel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 09:38
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines lack of personnel

First, American Airlines forgot to gas up the plane resulting in a half-hour delay.

====>I very much doubt they "forgot". Much more likely the airport was tardy.

Then, we were put in a holding pattern. Add another half hour. (This was not American's fault).

=====> Indeed it wasn't

Next, there was no gate agent to make sure there was a jetway for us to deplane.

======> Neither was that

Finally, no one off-loaded luggage for an hour and fifteen minutes.

========> Neither was that

If you were non-US citizen on an international arriving flight you'd also have noticed the huge queues due to lack of immigration staff. Thats not Americans fault either.

Edited: 17 January 2014, 09:42
White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Airlines lack of personnel

Are you an employee of American? Your replies seem to make excuses for a two-hour delay from touch-down to getting luggage and not gassing up a plane going on a 1200-mile journey. And I am not foreign-born. I went through customs and immigration for more than an hour in Fort Lauderdale because of lack of customs personnel as well. This trip from Miami to New York took 12 hours--an unconscionable delay.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,907 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Airlines lack of personnel

Carol,

Sorry, but you were flying between two of the busiest hubs in the US, on a rather short flight, which explains why "the wait time was as long as the flight". You could easily have had the same experience on United flying Chicago-Newark or Delta on Atlanta-JFK. Even the ground delays, including the lack of jetway, could be attributed to Air Traffic control and the fuel and baggage delays due to the airport(s). I had to wait 90 minutes for my bag at Newark just over a year ago.

[For clarity - I don't work for American or any airline. I don't even fly them much these days]

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,554 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Airlines lack of personnel

"Are you an employee of American?"

___

I'm afraid coming out with that old chestnut just because someone disagrees with you will gain you no respect here.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American Airlines lack of personnel

Are you an employee of American?

======

Thats a pretty poor argument. Even if I was (which I'm not) does that invalidate any of my responses?

Do American or JFK provide the gate services?

Do American or JFK provide refuelling services?

Do American or JFK provide baggage unloading services?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,907 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Airlines lack of personnel

Carol doesn't have much luck with United either -

tripadvisor.com/…43252458

(note - the CEO of American isn't Tom Horton any more)

Edited: 17 January 2014, 10:11
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
9,864 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American Airlines lack of personnel

Carol ... they are all correct, those delays are to do with airport control. They provide the staff to unload luggage, pump fuel, engage airbridges etc etc. If you choose to believe otherwise that's choosing to be wrong for what purpose?

PS ... do you work for a competing US airline?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
44,779 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: American Airlines lack of personnel

Delays can happen, it is unfortunate, and encountering a succession of delays as in this journey is very unfortunate.

But it is wrong to attribute all of these delays to the airline.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,805 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: American Airlines lack of personnel

<<<<American Airlines forgot to gas up the plane....

I hate when that happens.