We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

united airlines additional passengers name spelt wrongly

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
united airlines additional passengers name spelt wrongly

I have booked on line for myself and 2 friends on United Airlines to New York, i have a nagging feeling that i have spelt one of my friends middle names incorrectly.

The system will not allow me to check the full names of my friends and just has the initials of their middle name in traveller details.

Is there a way i can access these additional passengers details to double check the names I submitted ?. and will one wrong letter cause a problem at the airport ( i think that i may have spelt Frances as Francis)

Thanks for any advice

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,490 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: united airlines additional passengers name spelt wrongly

" i have a nagging feeling that i have spelt one of my friends middle names incorrectly. " - As long as the first/last name on the ticket match those on the passport you'll be fine - middle names are not necessary and in any case are often shorted on the ticket to the first initial only or abbreviated in some way.

2. Re: united airlines additional passengers name spelt wrongly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 06:20