We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EasyJet Dedicated Bag Drop At London Gatwick

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
17 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
EasyJet Dedicated Bag Drop At London Gatwick

I'm considering purchasing the 8 pound upgrade for UpFront seats on an EasyJet flight from London Gatwick to Valencia, Spain. The website states this includes Dedicated Bag Drop. What exactly does this mean? We plan to check our bags and I'm thinking this might mean a shorter line at baggage check-in. Is this correct? Thank you.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EasyJet Dedicated Bag Drop At London Gatwick

I believe everyone uses the dedicated bag drop....always been queues at Gatwick......May be shorter queues if you go for the priority boarding....think they may have a smaller queue!!

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: EasyJet Dedicated Bag Drop At London Gatwick

The dedicated bag drop is only for Easyjet Pluscard holders and those who have purchased upfront or extra legroom seats, so not everyone will use the dedicated bag drop facility. Speedy Boarding is no longer available separately as it is included in the aforementioned groups.

Yes, on balance, the queue is likely to be somewhat shorter at the dedicated bag drop in most cases.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EasyJet Dedicated Bag Drop At London Gatwick

The speedyboarding bag drop means you get your own separate 'premium' desk with no queues.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,859 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EasyJet Dedicated Bag Drop At London Gatwick

Still need to make sure you get there in plenty of time in case of queues! We queued at the bag drop (didn't see a dedicated one at Gatwick in September - doesn't mean there wasn't one though!) and there were so many flights they had to call out flights to make sure people got on them! Was no quicker than the old way of checking in as far as I could see. Same coming back from Malaga - long queues!

England
Level Contributor
726 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EasyJet Dedicated Bag Drop At London Gatwick

If you're EJ flights is from North Terminal and before 8.30am you can check your bags the night before if you're stopping at a nearby hotel

6. Re: EasyJet Dedicated Bag Drop At London Gatwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:20