We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Misspelled name (British Airways)

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 posts
Save Topic
Misspelled name (British Airways)

Hi. I recently booked a flight for myself and four friends with British Airways from CPH to London on April 14. Today, I entered the advanced passenger information, and noticed a spellig mistake in the name of one of the passengers. Her name is Maria Elisabeth S. L., which I have written in the advanced information thing (with whole surname, of course), but under passenger information it says Maria Elizabeth-s. L. I am absolutely confident that I did not put a hyphen between the two middle names when I booked the tickets. I probably accidentally put the z instead of the s, though. BA has done the same to my own name. My name is Tia Amalie R. W., and BA put it as Tia Amalie-r. W. Furthermore, neither of our names are allcaps as they are on the passports. All names are written correctly in the advanced information thing.

My question is, if we'll face any problems regarding the hyphens, the z instead of the s and the fact that the names are not allcaps? Should I call BA, and if so, will I be charged any fees?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Misspelled name (British Airways)

Whether you are charged or not you will have to ring BA to make sure, rather that than be held up at the airport.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,218 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Misspelled name (British Airways)

As long as the first/last name on the ticket match those on the passport then you wont have any problems. Middle name(s) are often just listed with the first initial or abbreviated in some other way.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Misspelled name (British Airways)

I made a spelling error on a BA booking and only noticed it on the day of travel. I went to the BA Customer Services desk at Gatwick and they put the matter right in a few seconds.

I would no worry unduly.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Misspelled name (British Airways)

As others have said you will be able to amend this before hand if you prefer or resolve at the Airport without a problem. BA.s written policy to staff is they may change up to four characters in a name without charging the passenger.

5. Re: Misspelled name (British Airways)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 06:19