We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Allocated Seating

Auchinleck, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair Allocated Seating

Hi, I have a booking made with Ryanair travelling with my husband and children in June, I have noticed that they are bringing in allocated seating from 1st February.

Can someone give me some information on what this actually means, if I dont "book allocated" seats they will seat us anywhere. The last time we travelled Ryanair as a family we were scattered all over the aircraft so I want to get seats together, can this be booked now or do I have to do it when I am checking in online?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

295 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Ryanair Allocated Seating

<<Thanks. Its just that I went online to reserve 2 seats but regular seats are £10pp/pf not the advertised £5. £40 extra is taking the piss.>>

Seating prices by route, and on some routes by season. £5 is a 'from' price.

Dunfermline, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Ryanair Allocated Seating

Nope, all seats are £10/£15 and the only seats booked so far are a few £15 seats with the extra leg room. As I said its Ryanair takin the piss as usual.

Dunfermline, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Ryanair Allocated Seating

Easyjet are reasonable and customer friendly at £3pp/pf, Ryanair are just fleecing the customer.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Ryanair Allocated Seating

As I said, the price varies by route and sometimes by season, and it's made clear enough in the terms and conditions. If you don't like it why did you book with them? Or to state the obvious, don't bother booking seats.

suffolk
Level Contributor
65 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Ryanair Allocated Seating

i just reserved 2 seats on ryanair today to majorca £5 each..

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Ryanair Allocated Seating

Because ALL the £5 seats are booked,???? Frank,

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Ryanair Allocated Seating

Hazel, they don't have seats at £5 on all routes and dates. It's a from price.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Ryanair Allocated Seating

Ok thanks for that , al the flight I've took Easy Jet start to £3 & RyanAir start at £5. What flights charge £10 to £15.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Ryanair Allocated Seating

The longer flights eg Canaries, all year round, because they're not a seasonable destination. I know their website states some routes price varies by season as well.

Reading
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Ryanair Allocated Seating

Well, I've just had to pay £40 when reserving standard seats on a return trip to Gran Canaria ( I had thought it was £5 per person per flight = £20). I called Ryanair to clarify and was directed to the Fees page on the website. Sure enough, scroll down to discover that the *** next to the prices means - and I quote - "*** Please note that an increased charge is applicable for allocated seating & priority boarding on selected routes." Unhelpfully, it doesn't specify by how much the charge is increased, or what the selected routes are. Does this mean they can change either at will? When I asked why there was an increased charge, 'Ryanair Man' couldn't give me an answer. Looks like Mrs wrongside and I will be apart, next time...

Edited: 19 March 2014, 12:13
Reply to: Ryanair Allocated Seating
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted