We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Flights From Stansted

UK
Level Contributor
131 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair Flights From Stansted

Don't know if this has been posted previously, Ryanair have changed the times of their flights to Kephalonia since they originally went on sale in November. When I booked it was an early morning flight, but it's now changed to afternoon, not arriving until 9:25pm. It was only through chance that I found out as Ryanair haven't informed me or my family. The prices have also reduced. Ryanair are obliged to offer a refund if they change your flight more than 3 hours. We all cancelled our bookings, got a refund and rebooked for £60 cheaper each. Works out a lot of money when there's 8 of us!

It could also cause problems for those who may have prebooked transfers or hired cars...

essex
Level Contributor
241 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Ryanair Flights From Stansted

still no reply :-(

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Ryanair Flights From Stansted

Hi

All this is so unlike Ryanair, I've had flight times changed by them and always received an email offering refund or a new time. I've also had cause to phone them and the charge is 10p a minute and certainly not £1. And the other thing that does puzzle me about all this is the assertion that Ryanair charge to correct typos when they patently don't.

The two refunds I asked for were actioned immediately.

Ryanair flights are always at their highest price when they are first on sale and then a couple of months before the actual flight the prices drop considerably. This is the business model they have had since they began.

These flights all seem to be to holiday destinations and I am wondering if they were all booked directly with Ryanair or a travel agent.

Jackie

Edited: 06 February 2014, 17:40
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Ryanair Flights From Stansted

Try "saynoto0870.co.uk" this may give you a landline to ring instead of the premium rate. It works with all premiun rate numbers, if there is an alternative.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Ryanair Flights From Stansted

Hi

I use the say no site for lots of numbers but the Ryanair one doesn't work. 10p a minute for a call of less than five mins, all it takes to say, here's my reservation number and I don't want to accept the changes, please may I have a refund, isn't going to break the bank.

But there are so many inconsistencies in this thread I have a feeling that some are being economic with the truth.

Jackie

Edited: 06 February 2014, 19:00
essex
Level Contributor
241 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Ryanair Flights From Stansted

My flight was booked directly through the Ryanair Website. I have faxed them asking them to explain why they haven't informed us of the flight changes as i'm worried after reading on other threads of people being held on the line for 15 minutes at the rate of £1.50 per minute ? I have always been more than happy with previous flights booked with them so have never experienced how hard it is to contact them or the lack of customer service when there is a problem. This has nothing to do with trying to re-book at a lower price as i'm happy with the price I paid it's just the lack of notification on the terrible time changes!!!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Ryanair Flights From Stansted

Hi

Now you are saying £1.50 a minute, it's 10p and no more. Check out the website and ignore hearsay.

Jackie

essex
Level Contributor
241 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Ryanair Flights From Stansted

website says0905 566 0000 - £1.00 per minute

I've since found a 10p a minute number but that's for reservations. I can assure you i'm not making it up this was what I read on ask.com :

The telephone number for Ryan Air is 09118 141 321. It is a Customer service number and the cost of the call is usually 1.50. The same call may cost more from a mobile number.

essex
Level Contributor
241 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Ryanair Flights From Stansted

Just so I can be of help to anyone else trying to cancel too. The 10p a min number is 0871 246 0000

It was very straight forward and the guy was very helpful.I Just wonder when they would have notified us of the changes.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Ryanair Flights From Stansted

Hi

The customer service number is 10p a minute, the £1 a minute number is for technical problems with the website. As you said they dealt with everything very quickly and satisfactorily on the 10p number. The problem you had was with an existing reservation.

Jackie

essex
Level Contributor
241 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Ryanair Flights From Stansted

Thanks for confirming that Jackie :-)