We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
605 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

Does anybody know how long it is currently taking to hear back from CAA on flight delays? We sent thriugh online firm on 2 Aug 2013 - and have a ref number - due to flight delay last april travelling to mexico? Wonder if we eill ever hear and don't know whether to go to small claims - we were verbally told our flight was delayed due to them sending our plane to orlando to collect twenty odd people as they sent too small a plane first time and easter hols. Of course thomas cook said reason was 'beyond their control ' and we are entitled to nothing.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
605 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

Well have now done my claim online for Thomas Cook flight delay - presume I just send a copy of the claim form with my existing back up (as I've already complained to Thomas Cook and CAA) direct to Thomas Cook for their reference?

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
605 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

Sorry confusion was I booked holiday this year with Thomsons - no Thomas Cook is who I have the complaint with.

Will keep you all posted on how I get on! It was £70 to claim. Claimed £1,000 (which I believe is around equivalent of 600 Euros x 2) and calculated interest from last April was about £65 (have obviously done daily rate etc in claim form).

We were advised by ground staff that our flight was delayed because Thomas Cook had sent too small an aircraft during Easter holidays to collect people in Orlando so they sent our aircraft instead. Letters we have had just say "extraordinary circumstances" so we will have to wait and see.

I put defendant as Thomas Coo Tour Operations Ltd in Peterborough rather than Customer Relations Dept in Bradford and hope that is correct.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

No you should have included you TC ref/tickets nos on claim (I did anyway?) ,you really should have put the defendent as Thomas Cook Airlines and used their address, as your claim is against the carrier not the tour operator as per EU261/2004 got absolutely no idea if that effects the validity of the claim? Don't send any docs to TC

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

Good luck, I would guess you have a very good chance here. Keep us posted.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
605 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

When I entered a reference number on the online claim form I did use the complaints ref number I was given by Thomas Cook but it doesn't seem to have followed through.

On dear, you should have given me more advice BEFORE I tried to claim online.... :-(

So I just sit and wait - no action once I've submitted claim form?

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
605 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

It does say on the claim form - "I will provide the defendant with separate detailed particulars within 14 days after service of the claim form".... so don't I need to send them back up documentation with a copy of Claim Form?

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

Sorry thought you understood, even the digest version on wiki for EU261/2004 covering delays only mentions the airline in the opening sentence not the tour operator-this is uncharted territory for me as never made this genuine mistake-perhaps a legal eagle on t/a that reads this thread can advise on this point?

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

What documentation can you send them that they don't already have?

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
605 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

Well perhaps a copy of the claim form with all the back up that they have previously had so they could match it up as the claim form does not appear to have the reference number on .... but does have flight number/name/address etc. so hopefully they should be able to match up... but I am slightly worried now I have served it on the wrong person i.e. not airline but tour operator but both Thomas Cook...

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Anyone know what current wait time is to hear from CAA?

Well thomas cook airlines are also in peterburgh, but owned by thomas cook group. The tour operators are just another company under their umbrella.

I am not sure, but I think you have just sued the wrong legal entity. Your claim is against the airline. If you file it against the wrong company it may get thrown out. The airline or maybe at a stretch the parent, but I can't see how another wholly owned subsidiary can be sued successfully.

I am not sure what you can do now.