We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mixed class fare on Emirates

1 post
Save Topic
Mixed class fare on Emirates

I am traveling AKL-MEL-DXB on Emirates business class, then 2nd flight DXB-CDG in economy as a mixed class fare. Will I be able to use business class lounge in Dubai? also what baggage allowance will apply- economy or business?

Excited about my first business class experience

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mixed class fare on Emirates

I could be wrong, but if you do not have the status, the fact that your next flight is economy would suggest to me that you are not eligible to use the business class lounge in Dubai, but only in Auckland or melbourne. If you have a gold card etc, then you may still be able if your airline status allows that benefit.

Edited: 25 January 2014, 01:28
Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mixed class fare on Emirates

Dubai lounge access only on the return sector. Baggage allowance is shown on the Emirates website (30ks):

emirates.com/nz/…emirates_mixed_class.aspx

Edited: 25 January 2014, 01:54
Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mixed class fare on Emirates

No you will not be able to use DXB lounge unless your Skywards Gold. But if the same coming back you will be able to as your onward flight will be in business from DXB/ MEL/ AKL.

Economy allowance will apply at 30kgs, which is very generous anyway.

4. Re: Mixed class fare on Emirates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 06:18