We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information re Air Canada Rouge

manchester
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Information re Air Canada Rouge

I have today tried to book a flight from Manchester to Toronto for this summer, there were many options on the website, none of which were very clear so I contacted them by phone, unfortunately they had no knowledge of Air Canada Rouge flights which is the operator flying directly, this has left me a little uncomfortable in booking a flight that I can not discuss with an operator. Has anybody flown with them before

thanks

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,602 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information re Air Canada Rouge

Which website have you tried booking with? I'm assuming when you say you've tried contacting 'them' and they weren't aware of Air Canada Rouge flights then it's not the airlines own website.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
620 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information re Air Canada Rouge

Deb, there are a lot of postings on ACR, which you might like to look at. Also, they're a relatively new offshoot of Air Canada..I believe they just got going last year. If you look at the AC website, there should be info on Rouge.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information re Air Canada Rouge

Just type the word Rouge into the search box upper left side of this page and you will have plenty of reading

Canada
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Information re Air Canada Rouge

Aircanada.com shows a variety of options, none of which involve Air Canada Rouge. Operators are Air Canada, BA, United or Air Canada Express.

5. Re: Information re Air Canada Rouge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 14:01
Edited: 26 January 2014, 14:01
Canada
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Information re Air Canada Rouge

I was responding to the OP's request for flights from Manchester to Toronto. My answer is correct.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,678 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Information re Air Canada Rouge

The OP can find rouge flights from Manchester to Toronto on AC website Example, Ac 1931 July 8th to YYZ, A return flight would be AC 1930 leaving say July 22nd, arriving in Manchester July 23rd.

The rouge flights are seasonal starting June 26th , and they clearly do show up on AC website.

manchester
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Information re Air Canada Rouge

Thanks everyone for your feedback, I was liaising directly with Air Canada by phone, and it was themselves actually who could not give me any details on the difference of this flight and a general Air Canada flight

Presumably as this is a new service they are not yet up to speed.

S L
Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Information re Air Canada Rouge

Recently flew with Air Canada Rouge on short flight from USA destination and it was a problem. There was a two hour delay in flight with no explanation from check in staff. On-line the AC Rouge site indicated the flight was on time even though it was not. The pilot informed the passengers for the reason of delay. Shortage of overhead compartment so you may have to store carry-on luggage under the seat and leg room on these flights are already tight. So on a long flight this can be a real problem. If person seated in front of you puts their seat back it is especially claustrophobic. No entertainment system provided in seating console on short flights (under 5 hours) so you would have to check on flights longer than 5 hours what is offered. You can rent a iPad ($10.00) or download AC Rouge app--should be free for any iPad/iPhone but apparently may have trouble if it is not Mac product. Limited movie selection --mostly old movies with a few new releases. So come prepared with that knowledge if you are travelling with children. No place to power up devices in seating console so make sure electronics are fully powered. If possible to take another carrier provider you might wish to think about that as all we heard from other people on our flight who had previously flown AC Rouge was negative things. Those on our flight who had a connecting flight to catch often missed their connection. Waiting for luggage took 45 minutes and although some people had their luggage with in 30 minutes some people waited longer. We had booked our flight with Air Canada originally 6 months in advance of trip and we were not notified that the flight had been substituted to Air Canada Rouge. No funds reimbursed either for the difference.

10. Re: Information re Air Canada Rouge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 21:07