We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please avoid cheapoair

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
please avoid cheapoair

I purchased tickets that I found out cost 2.5 times (!!) more than buying via airline website directly and they refused to do anything about it. Please avoid using this company

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please avoid cheapoair

Hi

What exactly do you expect them to do. It's a free market economy, they offered you flights at greatly inflated prices and you chose to buy them and at the same time agreed to their T&C's. More fool you. Sorry but any company with 'Cheapo' in their title should send be viewed with caution. You didn't bother to research them and you didn't even check directly booked prices. You are their prime target. You've been done over and there is absolutely nothing you can do.

Jackie

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,603 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please avoid cheapoair

Wendy, I'm afraid you are late to the party. There are about 80 threads on this forum going back years saying exactly the same thing.

Research first.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please avoid cheapoair

Sigh.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,230 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please avoid cheapoair

we have to remember that not everyone has been on TA for years :) Education can come at a cost!

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please avoid cheapoair

You have just learnt a hard lesson in life.

Take it on the chin and move on. In future, do a little homework before you part with your money not after.

There is nothing you can do and Cheapoair have not in this case gone anything wrong.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please avoid cheapoair

Checking out prices when shopping for anything is basic 101 stuff, unless Cheapoair have developed a new app that makes a 250lb gorilla armed with a baseball bat stand behind you until you press the "buy" there is no reason an explanation-just a smug grin on their faces

Edited: 26 January 2014, 22:07
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: please avoid cheapoair

On and on it goes.........How many times has it been not just on Trip Advisor, but numerous other websites ?

Do the reasearch BEFORE you buy , not AFTER you have lost your money.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 22:18
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: please avoid cheapoair

Sorry but what is it about buying airline tickets that turns people's brains into mush? Would you buy a car, a sofa, a book, a vacuum cleaner without checking prices elsewhere first?

Then why the heck would you not do the same with airline tickets ?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
22,377 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: please avoid cheapoair

Hello,

I have said it before, and will say it again - just the name "cheapoair" should tell people that it's pretty unreliable or dodgy.

Before I book anything on a new or different website I google it's name and the words "reviews and complaints" and see what pops up. Doing that allows me to avoid nasty booking experiences.

10. Re: please avoid cheapoair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:17