We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icelandic Air to and from USA

bolton
Level Contributor
6 posts
234 reviews
Save Topic
Icelandic Air to and from USA

We want to fly to Boston from Manchester,spend 5 days there,get a plane to NYC,spend 7 days there and fly back to Manchester- Icelandic air have best prices but are they OK for a flight from Iceland to USA in respect of comfort and entertainment and maybe some food?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icelandic Air to and from USA

Yes they are fine. Use the search facility on here. It is a useful resource. Here is a recent thread...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k67717…

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,596 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Icelandic Air to and from USA

Try to have an overnight in Rejkavik

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,305 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icelandic Air to and from USA

"and maybe some food?"

Relatives visiting from Sweden said that there was no free food served on their flight from Rejkavik to Sanford, Florida. Everything had to be purchased.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,789 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icelandic Air to and from USA

While I've never done it, most of my colleagues on the east coast say the train from Boston to New York is more convenient than flying as it drops you right downtown. Might want to ask that one on the Boston or New York forums before you buy a flight. It's not far and those are some quite busy airports with a lot of delays.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icelandic Air to and from USA

Orlando is right, bring a sandwich or some other non-smelly food. I've flown IcelandAir from Bos to CDG a couple of times when my travel budget wasn't what I'd have liked. While they're a no frills airline, they'll get you to the US and home again safely.

seattle
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Icelandic Air to and from USA

Have flown Icelandair round-trip twice from Seattle to LHR and to RKV, once economy and once E+ . Both fine but if you can afford it the E+ is well worth while. Much more comfortable seats, free food (the same as you would purchase in E.) and access to the lounges in SEA/LHR/RKV. The latter is quite a bonus.

7. Re: Icelandic Air to and from USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 07:18