We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What airline is your least favorite and why?

Level Contributor
385 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
What airline is your least favorite and why?

Mine has to be Iberia airline. I went to Barcelona two years ago and of the 6 flights we took on Iberia...4 were delayed and not by just a few minutes....hours. I will pay twice as much to avoide ever flying Iberia again. Terrible reliability and the customer service was non existant.

Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What airline is your least favorite and why?

United Airlines...always late. Departs late, therefore usually late arriving. If you need to get to a connecting flight, nearly impossible. Was 1 hr. late arriving in Rome, therefore by the time I cleared customs missed my connecting flight to Greece. Thought the 3 hr. lay over was adequate. Cost another ticket, because United would not accept responsibility.

Avoid if at all possible, even if it costs a bit more.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,979 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What airline is your least favorite and why?

Well if you go by this board, virtually every airline company in the world gets the "never fly Airline XX" type rant now and again.

Seems to me the flyers who fly the least are the ones who complain the most.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16,362 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What airline is your least favorite and why?

"Was 1 hr. late arriving in Rome, "

Seriously, if an hour late is your definition of worst airline ever, you might as well never fly. Lately if my flight gets there within an hour, no matter what airline, I consider it not too bad.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What airline is your least favorite and why?

This is, of course, anecdotal evidence, not a scientific survey. You can see lots of reviews of lots of airlines on Airlinequality.com. I flew with an airline in Zambia that used a non-pressurized Czech aircraft. I don't think the airline flies anymore. I also flew Air Mali decades ago. If you think delayed by hours is a horror story-- unpleasant, very unpleasant, to be sure, but making it the worst airline ever?-- I think you haven't flown much around the world. If Iberia were to charge $500 for a flight, you'd pay $1000 to fly any other airline? What is that flight is delayed??

Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,236 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What airline is your least favorite and why?

Tunis Air. Was a death trap. All the lockers crashed open and clattered all through the flight. Food was dreadful, even the bread was stale. Was the worst flight I've even been on. Plane shook and bounced. No wonder all the passengers clapped when we landed. Shear relief to arrive alive.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What airline is your least favorite and why?

Pegasus, because staff said they would seat us together both on the outward and return journey and it turned out that we were seated in different parts of the plane on both occasions, and because they fined my daughter heavily at Stansted for her luggage being overweight - fair enough she was over the limit - but allowed passengers on the return journey from Beirut to take way over the excess without charging them to the point that it was laughable.

If an airline has regs they should be consistent in applying them in all airports.

Edited: 28 January 2014, 19:18
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What airline is your least favorite and why?

For me it is Ryanair - policies are far too restrictive for me.

8. Re: What airline is your least favorite and why?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 09:05
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What airline is your least favorite and why?

these days there are so many bad carriers it,s a close call, however from the UK it has to be Monarch , long long check in queues, most flights late, aircraft dirty, legroom tight, food expensive and as for some of the crew don,t go there. From the US has to be United, just a dustbin .

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,423 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What airline is your least favorite and why?

Any of the legacy carriers in the USA - AA, UA, US or DL (especially AA/American and UA/United)